What's new

Sony STR-DG 910 "squishing" analog widescreen content (1 Viewer)

Rob Robinson

Second Unit
Hi guys. Long time no see. Recently upgraded my system when I moved, and my new 910 is "squishing" my Wii display...

My Comcast DVR via componet and Xbox360 via HDMI pass through fine in the proper aspect ratio (I leave the TV in standard mode), but the Wii is being horizontally squished.

The weird thing is the Wii was originally perfect when I first hooked it up. And if I switch the Wii, running Super Mario Galaxy, over to the TV's componet in it shows the true full 480p Widescreen native image, but if I move the cable back to the 910 it's squished again.

any ideas on how I can fix this?

Mudcon

Auditioning
Real Name
Kerry
it is still trying to upconvert to 1080 through the component on the 910, but when you are straight in the TV it doesnt do that.

trevorrowe

Auditioning
Real Name
Trevor Rowe
I know this has been a long time, but have you found any solutions to your problem? I have been using the STR-DG910 for over a year now, and suddenly my analog widescreen content now too gets squished as it goes through the receiver. Anyone know what setting might be causing this?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks