What's new

Sony KV35V65 heavy red after Avia (1 Viewer)

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
I have an above Sony for 4years. After using Avia(waiting for my SVS25-31PCI) I have noticed that the reds and oranges on my set are truely to red and orange. I am trying to get used to it (6 days)but it is really bothersome. I can not find a red push setting and previous searches have yealded nothing. Any help!
The setting is not too far of of the sony "MOVIE" setting.:angry:

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Well I just watched JPIII on DVD and I did not see the excessive red. Perhaps this a source problem wti local and satelite. I have noticed my cbs is better compared to other locals. Could this be?

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
Dan, I calibrated my Sony KV 36fs13 last week using AVIA and also noticed that some cable channels are super red. My wife and I watched 3 DVD's this weekend and they looked awesome. I used the Standard mode for my DVD calibration and I will probably use one of the others(vivid, movie, forgot the other) for the tv calibration (Turn down the red)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This is almost guaranteed because you are configuring your set via the specific combination of your DVD player and type of connection, and this may not work for other sources - specifically cable.

Kevin has the right idea, and this is what I do also on my KV32FV26 - I use movie setting for DVD, the others (with red turned down) for various types of TV viewing.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
Also keep in mind that most TVs "push" red, so you have to back off the color a bit for the picture to look right.

Guy Kuo

Supporting Actor
The calibrated settings are only good for a source which is close to the same as your DVD. If the local feeds and cable are off you do need to keep a separate "junk" setting memory for bad looking stuff. The thing that the calibrated setting does is make sure that things that play back on that DVD look their best. It also teaches you what proper looking material looks like so your "by the seat of the pants" settings for cable end up with a decent looking picture.

If you have red push in the system, then be sure to follow the last step in the basic calibration procedure and turn down saturation enough to hide the excessive reds.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Thank you all. I will use a junk setting for local and sat(I will change that vivid setting because when you use it its like when you have a hangover and your sleeping in late and someone opens up the shades to a bright sunny day, HELLO!):angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks