What's new

Sony KV-34XBR800 Vs. KV-34XBR910 (1 Viewer)

IanGuag

Auditioning
Does anybody have any opinions about the differences between these two models? I’m strongly considering buying one of these, but I don’t know if the XBR910 is really worth $400 more. What exactly is better about the newer model, and is it worth the extra money? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ian G.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
For all intents and purposes you will do fine going with last year's model on close-out; I'm seeing terrific deals for the XBR800 at a lot of places. The 910 features a new version of Sony's "aperture grill" with more and smaller perforations, which the company claims boosts light output and fine detail. Haven't seen any reviews yet, nor have I seen one in action.

SeanA

Second Unit
Do a search. I recall someone here comparing the two sets side by side several weeks ago. The general conclusion was that you could really only tell the difference in picture quality if viewing the sets up close (I think a few feet or less). At normal viewing distances, he could not see a significant difference. This makes sense since the XBR910 should have finer pixels in HD and so they would be less noticeable up close.

I have the XBR800 and I view it from about 6 to 7 feet. I think the HD picture quality is superb at the proper viewing distance. It is almost 3D-like when watching good HD broadcasts like Leno. I don't see individuals pixels until I get within about 4 feet or so of the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks