What's new

Sony HT-CT150 Home theater system (1 Viewer)

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
It's a site my teacher told me about. Slickdeals.net. it's actually from the site y'all posted with a coupon code

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
Also I think I do want a WiFi adapter since that's the only way to use the phone app. Do I have to have a certain one and it plugs into usb port correct. If I get a Bluetooth adaptor where will it plug in?

iTylerA

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
ArmSC said:
Did you ever order some bookshelf speakers? Which ones did you decide on the DV62's?
Yeah he ordered them Friday. They should be here today. Is it bad I'm excited for him as if I don't have the same bookshelves in my house? Lol

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
I haven't yet I may order it this weekend or next I'm not sure. I had a couple weeks with no bills and now the bills Will be coming in so gotta handle those first. I'm leaning towards the Dayton just for cost reasons mostly. But If money allows I'll go for the bic

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
There's nothing wrong with the Dayton...it's a great low budget unit. If that's what you can afford then go for it. You can upgrade later down the road or stick with it if it's meeting your needs.

I do think it's funny that you have a vested interest in this project Tyler...it's kinda fun to see someone get some new stuff especially if they are new into the audio world.

iTylerA

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
ArmSC said:
There's nothing wrong with the Dayton...it's a great low budget unit. If that's what you can afford then go for it. You can upgrade later down the road or stick with it if it's meeting your needs. I do think it's funny that you have a vested interest in this project Tyler...it's kinda fun to see someone get some new stuff especially if they are new into the audio world.
I may end up getting the Dayton sub myself at this price point, it's a good value. I've been running 5.0 for the past few weeks since the DV64s get as low as they do. I've been battling with figuring out which sub to get between the Dayton, the F12, the PL200, or the PB1000. I may just Dayton until I move to a bigger place and upgrade to the speakers I really want.I have a musical and technical background so I've always had an interest in high quality audio. Previously, I was centered towards headphones, spending over $1000 in headphones and amps and such so I had somewhat of an idea of what I was looking for, but not a lot of info about what brands offered what.I turned to AVSForuns cause they seemed pretty active, and for almost a week people viewed my post and didn't reply, then I came here with the exact same post and started getting help within hours. I do enjoy the system that you guys help me put together, so the least I can do is pass what I learned on and give back

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Hey Tyler I'm glad that we were able to help you pick out something that you're enjoying...I think that's awesome. Those DV64's do reach low enough that you don't need a sub unless you're using them for HT work. I would say give the Dayton a shot if it fits your budget...set the crossover for the towers around the 60Hz mark and let the sub do the low end lifting. I think the 12" version would do nicely for the lower end stuff. I haven't every heard anyone really bash the Dayton as it's just so cheap but does do the job. If you can get it for half the price of the F12 it's hard to ignore. I still stand by the statement that if you have the money the F12 is a better sub. For you specifically what's the worse that can happen? If you don't like it you sell it to get something else or just stick to the 5.0 till you get a bigger place.

iTylerA

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
ArmSC said:
Hey Tyler I'm glad that we were able to help you pick out something that you're enjoying...I think that's awesome. Those DV64's do reach low enough that you don't need a sub unless you're using them for HT work. I would say give the Dayton a shot if it fits your budget...set the crossover for the towers around the 60Hz mark and let the sub do the low end lifting. I think the 12" version would do nicely for the lower end stuff. I haven't every heard anyone really bash the Dayton as it's just so cheap but does do the job. If you can get it for half the price of the F12 it's hard to ignore. I still stand by the statement that if you have the money the F12 is a better sub. For you specifically what's the worse that can happen? If you don't like it you sell it to get something else or just stick to the 5.0 till you get a bigger place.
Do you have any thoughts on the PL200 Tony? I'm thinking my next speakers are going to be the Acoustech series and that is the sub from that series

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
iTylerA said:
I may end up getting the Dayton sub myself at this price point, it's a good value. I've been running 5.0 for the past few weeks since the DV64s get as low as they do. I've been battling with figuring out which sub to get between the Dayton, the F12, the PL200, or the PB1000. I may just Dayton until I move to a bigger place and upgrade to the speakers I really want.I have a musical and technical background so I've always had an interest in high quality audio. Previously, I was centered towards headphones, spending over $1000 in headphones and amps and such so I had somewhat of an idea of what I was looking for, but not a lot of info about what brands offered what.I turned to AVSForuns cause they seemed pretty active, and for almost a week people viewed my post and didn't reply, then I came here with the exact same post and started getting help within hours. I do enjoy the system that you guys help me put together, so the least I can do is pass what I learned on and give back
If u end up getting rid of those towers hit me up I may be at a point I'd buy them off u

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
Well bad news I don't think I'll have speakers waiting on me when I get home. Since I live in apartment the box is to big. They are suppose to take it to the apartment but for some reason I don't think my driver there. According to Amazon its still saying in transit. So we will see in a hour

iTylerA

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
It's total opposite when I get stuff delivered. They leave it outside no matter what, luckily I have nice neighbors who bring whatever it i is nside for me

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
Well they are suppose to leave at office if no one is home. But someone was home and our mail person is just lazy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks