What's new

Sony HT-CT150 Home theater system (1 Viewer)

iTylerA

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
bjballar41 said:
Almost like it was burned into the tv
Is the TV Plasma? I know my TV shows that when I have the receiver on but the unit for the input is off. It this day is on my TV for hours when I fall asleep and forget to turn the receiver off, but it's never burned in

iTylerA

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
The center will be more important once you are ready for a 5.1. In a traditional 2.1 the center channel isn't used.I would jump on that Dayton sub if I were you though. You're hard pressed to find something of that quality for the price it's at now. Also if you're dead set on going the CL route, you should check surrounding areas as well. I searched 4 different areas within a 50 mile radius of me and got lucky. CL is generally hit or miss

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
I did check surround areas just to see and I may do that even if price goes back to normal at 110

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
Back to the center speaker. I saw someone saying something about a 3.1 system. Is that a normal set up?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
bjballar41 said:
Back to the center speaker. I saw someone saying something about a 3.1 system. Is that a normal set up?
Depends if the AVR allows center before surrounds. Not all do.If wanting 3.1, set the AVR that way...to make sure it will let you.Back when "surround was new", 3 channel stereo was a sound mode you could choose.

iTylerA

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
schan1269 said:
Depends if the AVR allows center before surrounds. Not all do.If wanting 3.1, set the AVR that way...to make sure it will let you.Back when "surround was new", 3 channel stereo was a sound mode you could choose.
The receiver definitely supports 3.1 under the speaker setup menu

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
I use to have an older Bose system (I know I know) I had it set up in a 3.1 set up and it sound decent for what it was. I think I'll go 3.1 before 5.1 I gotta figure how I'm gonna do the rear speakers since I have a sectional and I know towers would be blocked by part of It.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks