What's new

Sony HT-CT150 Home theater system (1 Viewer)

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
Well run into a small snag I think. The room it's in is vasic cable the hooks up via coax how do I hook that up to avr?

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
iTylerA said:
Do you have any thoughts on the PL200 Tony? I'm thinking my next speakers are going to be the Acoustech series and that is the sub from that series
I've not heard too much about it either way. With it being over $300 you're starting to get up into the budget of some better subs. I would do some research and see what you can find...I just don't know.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
bjballar41 said:
Well run into a small snag I think. The room it's in is vasic cable the hooks up via coax how do I hook that up to avr?
Optical cable into the AVR is what you're going to need. Here is what I'm talking about...this is just an example.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
Well I think I got it up and running. Tv and audio are working gotta hook up the other stuff now and clean up wiring

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
Ok one question. How can I play Iheart radio over speakers wirelessly. Also I don't see an option to sign into my Pandora account. If I am signed in it's not showing my stations

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
Ok got the Pandora figured out. I was on someone else's some how lol. Still can't figure out the iheart tho

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
bjballar41 said:
Wow these things are a lot bigger not sure where to put them now. Lol
Now you need some stands or use existing furniture you have around. You want to get your tweeter to about ear level while sitting in front of the TV. I like the stands because they can be adjusted to the right height. If you end up getting towers you just move them to the rear position and you're good.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
schan1269 said:
The AVR probably needs some updates.
I didn't even think about that...mine was hooked up to the network straight away and it did do a few updates when I pulled it out of the box.

OP you should drag that thing over to your modem/router and plug that guy into a data port. The updates should help it out and it only took about 20mins for it to finish. It's all automatic from what I remember.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
It's plugged into a WiFi extender/access point. I'm cleaning wires right now. The speakers are sitting on top of tv stand at the moment. For The time being I'll look into stands after while. How do u make it search for updates?

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
Wow I must say I'm impressed with these speakers they sound so good. I moved them to floor to finish cleaning wires. (Gotta get a longer optical ) I'm listening to music I may leave them on floor for now. Can I see how some of y'all have yours sitting around the tv. Floor stand bookshelf whatever y'all got

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
I did notice a problem. In a white scene showing the sky I could see the word denon on the pic. Should I be concerned or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks