What's new

Sony HDTV Program Guide Has Vanished (1 Viewer)

Albert71292

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Sims
Hi, hopefully someone will have some insight into my problem.

I have a 46" Sony KDL-46Z4100 HDTV I purchased about two years ago or so. Receiving local channels via rooftop antenna. The "TV Guide" labeled on-screen guide for the channels was working fine until late last week. Now, when I hit the Guide button on the remote, the screen just goes black, and you can still hear the audio from whichever channel the TV is on. Hit the Return button, the channel comes back, just the Guide seems to have vanished into thin air.

I checked for updates for the TV software, but none were available. I've tried rescanning for channels twice, still no Guide.

Tried various Google searches, but only got places selling the TV, no useful forums or anything, so I figured I'd try asking here, to see if this has happened to anyone else, or if someone might have other helpful suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Id try calling for service. I bet they have the issue documented some where and can talk you through the fix via the phone.

Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks