What's new

Sony 650V DVD Player impressions (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I am considering purchasing the new Sony 5 disc DVD player that plays SACD's. I would like to get some opinions from people who have bought this. Is there another player I should dconsider in this price range of around $400. Progressive scan is not an important issue at this time.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Marty, I don't own the 'NC650V, but I do own the Sony DVP-C670D DVD changer from last year's line and Sony SACD players. I have been very happy with the 'C670D, and Sony makes very good DVD changers in general, as far as I am concerned. Also, SACD is an excellent format. In looking at the 'NC650V at Best Buy, it looks like a solid component. I say try it out. You can always return it to Best Buy if it doesn't work out for you. In any event, you won't find another player that offers the features of a Sony DVD changer and SACD in one box, and $400 isn't too bad for all that.

Mark F Hall

Agent
I bought the NC650V about a month ago for my music room system. It has performed flawlessly so far. I am impressed with how solid it feels for a product in this price range.

I hope this helps.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks