What's new

Sony 57WS500 With Flicker Problem/Questions - Please Read (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I am so happy with the picture on this set that I would not let anyone replace the crts if they called me on the phone and offered to!!! Won't risk not getting the focus and such right afterwards unless it's absolutely necessary.
Steve,

Your statement above pretty much sums up my feelings exactly. The picture on my set is fantastic (especially after Gregg Loewen calibrated last February). My set, like yours, was also manufactured in SEP 2001.

I have since moved (since calibration) and I can tell that one of my CRT's is now out of focus (text is blurry on the left side of my screen while using my HTPC). I may invest in another calibration for my 57HW40 sometime this summer. I'm not sure how hard it is to manually focus one of my CRT's myself (I need to do some resarch!), but I may attempt this myself also.

I feel bad for everyone with the flicker problem on their big screen (Jenna, David, and the thousands of others...)- I hope Sony or your ESP from your retailer take care of everything for you in a timely matter.

I will keep my eye out for the flicker problem on my set - If I see even one hint of the problem i will be calling Sony and seeing what can be done with my set. I need to be particualry anal about this (should I see a problem) due to the fact that I "might" be moving back Overseas late this year (Nov-Dec timeframe) and would need everyhting fixed before October at the latest.

I thank you all for your help and everyone's vast knowledge on this issue. And I wish you all the best in getting your set taken care of in a timely and professional manner - or keeping your set trouble free if it's already in that position.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks