What's new

Sony 55XS955 vs 60XS955 (1 Viewer)

Mark Foley

Auditioning
Hey guys. Can you help me out? I am about to buy either a Sony 55XS955 or a 60XS955 LCD Rear Projection HDTV. I am primarily interested in the 55" one, however, I have only been able to see the 60" one in all of my local retailers.

Here's my question. The 60" models I have seen have all had a small gloss black frame around the screen. I have seen some pictures of the 55" model showing it with a light gray frame around the screen and some with the gloss black frame. Can anyone tell me what the 55XS955 looks like for sure?

Mark Foley

Auditioning
I would think so too, but for example, Crutchfield has a bunch of pictures of both sets and they actually show the 55" with the black frame and the 60" with the light grey frame. I know the 60" comes with the black frame, so I am suspicious that they got the pictures mixed up and I really don't like the look of the set with the light grey frame.

Mark Foley

Auditioning
I got my answer today, so please ignore this post. Both sets have a frame that is dark grey to almost black. I got confused looking at some pictures on Crutchfield's web site that must have been taken under a 100,000 watt flash bulb. Somehow in the pictures they turned the entire screen frame into an almost silver finish rather than what it really looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks