What's new

Sony 53XBR35 Screen Geometry Problem (1 Viewer)

KevinK

Auditioning
I have an older Sony rptv (53XBR35) whose geometry is going whacky now. The center is ok, but the edges of the screen are pushed in, and the corners are stretched out.

Anyone have any idea what type of problem this is? Is this something even worth pursuing a fix for? I know the TV is old, but it really has to hang in there for now!

Thanks,

k

Bob McKenny

Agent
All of the geometry settings are adjustable with analog controls. It's been a long time since I looked at one but I think if you pull off the speaker grill on the front-bottom of the tv there is a panel which hides the adjustment controls. You should look for the geometry controls such as pin (pincusion), etc. There may be a master control for all colors but you will probably have to adjust each color, red, green, blue to get everything to line up. Take it slow and don't get ahead of yourself or you can really screw it up. Another alternative is to just to call a good service guy.

Good Luck

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks