What's new

Sonata arctica and stratovarius style fans. question for you. (1 Viewer)

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
I just found sonata arcticas CD "silence"... and i LOVE it. I am really into this style of melodic progressive metal and was wondering what other bands you fans could reccomend. Too bad bands like this dont get the recognition they deserve. Would be cool to start a discussion about these (or similar) bands.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
you know, i just received a video clip from one of my friends which featured sonata arctica playing one of their songs. I'd have to say their guitar player kicks ass. where are they from?

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
they are (as is stratovarius) from finland.. there is a clip of them on the strato DVD. Have you heard the silence cd yet?

Tom Melaniphy

Auditioning
I would recommend tracking down a copy of Sonata Artica's excellent first LP "Ecliptica" as well. It's not available in the US (to the best of my knowledge). Amazon has the Japanese version for $50 - but I'm sure other places online have it - or the European version - for less.

Here's a few other band recommendations for you:

Blind Guardian
Symphony X
Gamma Ray
Rhapsody
Nightwish
Kamelot
Angra

It's sad that bands like Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, & Stratovarious - all of whom headline huge festivals all over Europe - don't even bother touring the musically braindead U.S.A. - where they have a cult-following at best.

--
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks