What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

"Somewhere In Dreamland" Fleischer 'Toons DVD: re-released??? (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
So, apparently this DVD comp of Fleischer cartoons from VCI entitled "Somewhere In Dreamland" flew under my radar in December 2002.

I just found it for sale at a video store, and it's got a 2005 date on the back, along with a notation of "Revision A" on the front. Anyone know what gives with that? Have any of the cartoons been upgraded???

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

John Whittle

Stunt Coordinator
I've only spot checked a few on disc one, but in general they seem to be in better shape with better titles than the previous version.

Remember that these are "pd" and thus the prints are release prints from various collectors. In short, don't expect anywhere near the quality from WB on the Looney Toons or Disney Treasures.

It's too bad these elements have suffered as such, but alas that's one of the downsides to non-copyright renewal--no one to care for the elements and no one to go to for the best quality pre-print materials (even if they have it, most of the time they won't release it since the competition can put out the same version).

If you missed the last disc, this is a better buy. I have both and feel the "revision A" is a vast improvement.

John

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I have the previous version and there's a glitch on one disc where it keeps repeating one cartoon, if I remember correctly. Someone else reported this on Amazon so it wasn't just my copy.

I assume they've corrected this in the new version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks