What's new

Some Classic TV floats down the stream.. (1 Viewer)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I thought this was worthy of posting for those that might not have come across it. It is certainly a way to catch a few shows that we hold out hope will see additional season releases on DVD.

STREAMING VIDEO GOES RETRO ON NBC UNIVERSAL'S ENTERTAINMENT SITES

NBC.com SCIFI.com CHILLERTV.com SLEUTHCHANNEL.com To Stream Vintage Series

"A-Team," The Original "Battlestar Galatica," "Miami Vice," "Night Gallery," "Kojak" and "The Alfred Hitchcock Hour" Among Series Offerings

BURBANK and NEW YORK February 19, 2008 NBC Digital Entertainment and NBC Universal Cable Entertainment today announced plans for streaming vintage television content on their entertainment websites. Full episode streaming of classic, fan-favorite series including "The Alfred Hitchcock Hour," "Kojak," "Miami Vice," the original "Battlestar Galactica," "A-Team" and "Emergency" will be offered on NBC.com SCIFI.com ChillerTV.com and SleuthChannel.com beginning this month.

"NBC Universal has a tremendous library of quality content and we are very excited to re-introduce these classic shows to a new web audience," said Vivi Zigler, Executive Vice President, NBC Digital Entertainment.

"These are the kinds of titles we get requests for all the time at the network, and now we're able to give our viewers a new way to watch their favorite classic shows and share them with their friends," said Craig Engler, Senior Vice President, SCIFI.com.

"Fans of Chiller and Sleuth are going to have a great time re-discovering classics like 'Night Gallery' and 'Kojak,'" said Dan Harrison, Senior Vice President, Emerging Networks, NBC Universal Cable. "These are timeless series that are going to find entirely new audiences on the web. This platform is another great extension of our new digital brands, Sleuth and Chiller, which extend from television into on-line and now on-demand video."

A full list of streaming vintage series follows:

NBC.com
"A-Team"
"Emergency"
"Night Gallery"
"The Alfred Hitchcock Hour"
"Miami Vice"
"Battlestar Galactica" (1978)
"Buck Rogers"

SCIFI.com
"Battlestar Galactica" (1978)
"Buck Rogers"
"Tek War"
"Night Gallery"

ChillerTV.com
"The Alfred Hitchcock Hour"
"Swamp Thing"
"Tremors"
"Crow"
"Night Gallery"

SleuthChannel.com
"Kojak"
"Miami Vice"
"Simon & Simon"
"A-Team"
"Night Gallery"

BernieV

Stunt Coordinator
Requires Adobe Crash Player. No thanks. I used to have have hourly crashes from Flash ads scripted by incompetent programmers. Since I disabled Macromedia plugins, I haven't had a single problem. Never going back.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
my pal Ronnie once told me that watching a long video stream on his computer is like projecting a movie on his front door. Sure you can watch it, but every five minutes there's something coming in and out that interrupts your ability to watch.

plus a lot of these shows are already out on DVD. Give us the rare stuff.

Mary_P

Second Unit
I'll second that. Or at least give us some of the stuff they're *thinking* of releasing on DVD to help them gauge the interest in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks