What's new

Software to catalog your CD library (1 Viewer)

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for asking this question, so mods, check it out and move if needed to an appropriate discussion forum.

I have a library of about 500 cds and have been looking for a software program to organize and keep track of them all. I purchased yesterday a program from http://www.collectorz.com/. I installed it and added about 50 cd's and the whole process was quite simple. Pop in the CD into the computer, scan the cd and it goes to the Internet and finds a match and then stores the info for you in a database.

I also purchased their movie software, but have not installed it yet. Its a little bit more then I wanted to spend, but so far i'm pretty happy with the whole process.

I was wondering what everyone else uses for keeping track of their CD library and if anyone else has this same software what their experience is with it.

Paul

Seth--L

Screenwriter
Having to insert each CD into your computer sounds like a pain. Can you just enter in the catalogue #?

Anyway, I keep track of my CDs with an excel spreadsheet.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I use cd-tracker.com to track my English language CDs. Here's what it looks like.

Otherwise, working on a Excel spreadsheet for my Chinese language CDs/SACDs.

BTW, my cd-tracker list has not been updated.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I was using collectorz, but I lost track of what I was storing where and just gave up.

I may try cd-tracker. I've always wanted something I could e-mail people.

Seth--L

Screenwriter
Anyway, I keep track of my CDs with an excel spreadsheet.

And that's less of a pain than inserting a CD?

Jason

Depends how fast you type and how much info you want to include. However, seeing that Paul_Medenwaldt has 500 CDs he wants to catalog, I imagine that typing would be much faster.

JoeBalzak

Auditioning
I use OrangeCd Catalog for all of my music.

Info can be had at www.firetongue.com.

It uses CDDB tech. And also allows you to enter cover art.

Been using it for about 2years.

Very good customer service also. I lost my user key when I tried to install it on new laptop. I email company about two years after buying product with no info other than my name, and they were able to supply me with my user key.

Joe

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
I have a slink-e and cdj and it is good enough for me. I can export to an Excel file or an Access file.

JimChan

Stunt Coordinator
I use Microsoft Access to do that, mainly because I could create tables and maintain a relationship between the CDs and the songs. (Call me crazy but I did at some stage type in all the songs as well, but not anymore.) But I agree Microsoft Excel is a much simpler choice.

Sathyan

Second Unit
I use Access (and have typed in detailed info - artist, album, composer, genre, label, year, format, who its loaned to, path to the MP3 or APE version - on 400 recordings ) and export the queries to Excel so I can sync with my Palm so I don't rebuy albums

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks