What's new

So who's bought the new Energy C-C3? (1 Viewer)

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I still haven't read any posts from anyone who owns this new speaker. Could it be that not one HTF member has bought this speaker yet? That doesn't bode well for Energy.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I am bumping this thread in case any Energy owners missed it a couple of days ago. I really am eager to read reviews of this speaker but have seen no magazine reports nor any consumer reviews.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
I bought it.

I had C-7's, C-1's, and C-C1. When the C-C3 came out I decided to upgrade since I am firm believer in big center channels. I think its a big improvement over the C-C1 but did seem a little bright. To my ear the Connoisseur series are better suited for music than movies. Its not that I thought it was lacking but since the wife didnt like the look of them I decided to make a change. My usage is 95% movies.

I now have Def Tech BP7001's, CLR3000, and BP2X's. The biggest reason I upgraded to Def Tech was that a former roommate had a similar setup and it blew me away. It was my first introduction to home theater and ever since then I have been trying to achieve that. Now I have surpassed it.:)

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
I had C-7's, C-1's, and C-C1. When the C-C3 came out I decided to upgrade since I am firm believer in big center channels. I think its a big improvement over the C-C1 but did seem a little bright.
I hate the look of the C-C3. The C-C1 looks great, just like the rest of the C series, but they had to mess it up by adding those 2 inchers and moving the ports to the rear.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
The look may not match as nicely with the rest of the series with the covers off but I usually leave them on anyway.

Regardless of looks it had a lot more impact than the C-C1, which sounded a little dull to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks