What's new

So, which RESERVOIR DOGS cover did you get? (1 Viewer)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Mr. White
I tried to cancel but CDNow sent it anyway so I figured I might as well keep it. It's only money ;)

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
The transfer is passable, if not state-of-the-art. What makes the DVD worth buying at around $16 is the extra features. They are funny and informative, and there's a whole lot of 'em.

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
Where did you get your information onMr. Pink being arrested? I figured that he must have been killed when I heard the gunshots. Plus it's supposed to be a Greek tragedy. Everyone dies.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Listen carefully
There are distant gunshots, and then the police cars get closer. There are no more gunshots after this. Then the cops start yelling "drop your weapon!" and "get down" type messages.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I thought about Mr. Brown but didn't even see any. I ended up getting Mr. Blonde.

I have both discs, but haven't watched the SE yet. My gut feeling is that the outdoor scenes are supposed to be washed out.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Mr. Pink...I hadn't seen the movie, so I just chose my favorite actor.

In the slipcover it says, in so many words, that Mr. Pink is the only one who survives the ordeal, though he doesn't escape justice.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I think all Artisan did was rehash the old transfer. I looks the same to me.
That's interesting. That's definitely the first time that I have heard that statement. Most reviews say the color scheme is completely different than the original release. Also, the framing is apparently quite different as well. Did you notice any difference in the framing? I imagine a direct side by side comparison would be needed to really notice something like that.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I thinkt he complaint about the framing was only in the opening credits where they're walking along the brick wall. Apparently the earlier release had it boxed in from the side as well, whereas the SE fills the complete 2.35 frame.

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
I bought Mr.Pink
It was the one on the shelf. As far as the transfer in some scenes it is washed out but in others it is great. An overall 3.5 out of 5 . Very watch able. I didn't see the first release. But on 106" front projection it is enjoyable.
All transfers tend to differ but you can tell they put alot of work into this release. John;)

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Rob, you'll have to forgive me as I hadn't watched the original release in a while. The framing on the SE is definitely better, but there is too much contrast.
I took a couple of captures of both releases.
New

Old

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Mr. Brown because he is a limited edition.
Mitty,
The Mr. White cover is available in Canada by the way, if no one has answered that question for you yet.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Mr. Pink
- I might even get the Brown cover for collectability's sake. BTW, does anybody notice that the new transfer doesn't do a good job with blacks? Everything has a dark gray look to it instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks