What's new

So, which RESERVOIR DOGS cover did you get? (1 Viewer)

Mitty

Supporting Actor
For those who decided to pick it up:
Me: The Mr. PINK cover.
No particular reason, I guess I just thought that, as a character, he was the most professional. ;)
Also, I'm not sure, but I think the Mr. White cover might not be available in Canada.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
What do you guys think of the transfer????

I am still undecided on purchasing this disc due to the negative reviews regarding the video quality. I love this movie though!

If I buy a copy, I will probably go with Mr. Pink, or, possibily, Mr. Brown.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
So, how many of you bought the Brown one because it had QT's signature on it?
That went through my mind for a tick.
:)

CameronS

Supporting Actor
Me! To be honest, I didn't like any of the covers. I just bought the Mr. Brown because it was "limited". The also don't even advertise the Brown cover.

Since the various covers are slipsleeves, Mr. Brown will probably get stored away , and I will leave the keepcase (which doesn't look so bad) on my shelf.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
brown.
QT did write and direct it after all. (and that's not why i think everybody should get it, just why i got it) :)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
None, same reason as Rob said. I've heard the transfer is horrible; washed out and all.

Comments?

Cary T

Screenwriter
Mr. Brown because it was limited

I thought the transfer was fine. There was a greenish hue in the warehouse, but not exaggerated like in Amelie. Don't have the first Dogs so I can't compare.

Derek U

Stunt Coordinator
Mr. Orange 'cause "he's supercool". Hopefully, the disc will arive from Amazon today (did I just jinx it?) I must say I am relieved to hear so many people say the transfer isn't as bad as originally stated. Of course, since I held off on buying the film-only DVD (knowing the spec ed was inevitable), all I have to compare the new disc to is my pan-and-scan VHS.

Derek

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Not to be a pisser, but I'll buy Mr. White when the packaging says "corrected transfer, version 2.0".

By the way, Mr. Pink does live. He's arrested outside of the wharehouse.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Mr Orange
Re: The transfer
I watched this last night and the best way to describe it is like watching the film with sunglasses on. I didn't much notice the reported green tinge with the indoor scenes but the outdoor scenes in direct sunlight are very washed out (hence my sunglasses comparison). :frowning:
Re: The Extra's
I was up until 2am going through the bonus material and it is fantastic. Some of the most interesting extras ever put on a SE. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks