What's new

So whats new with you? (1 Viewer)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
OK, We've got a real glut of downtime right now so I'm going to start this time-wasting thread for everyone to read & enjoy :D

Whats New With Me:

*Finally manged to put 6000 miles on my bike despite the crappy weather this summer. Need forward pegs and handlebars with more rise before next year.

*Pet scorpion Fred died last week. :frowning: No replacement as of yet.

*Domestic partner leaving (going to Albany) to become a Corrections Officer in a few weeks.

*Continueing to downsize my DVD collection. Now under 200 titles! (don't want to be stuck with 400 worthless disks when HD-DVD rolls out).

*Looking at several brands of loudspeaker to upgrade my stereo & surround systems with.

*May need to get more leg tattoo done. haven't added to it in over a year ( a neo-tribal piece that extends from the top of my foot to my knee. I add a bit more every few months).

*Also researching a new car to buy. The Mitsubishi will likely be moving to Albany too :frowning:

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
* got married not too long ago.

* didn't get a new house that i was hoping to get

* been playing a *lot* of final fantasy x

* mowed my lawn yesterday. it's infested with crab-grass, which has me irritated to no end. sprayed it with ortho crab-b-gone (or something like that)

* got a new kitten. half bengal, half mutt. so far so good, except one of my other cats is having a hard time with her new roomate

* have to fix the retractor seatbelt in the rear of my 4runner. another nice bill to add to my collection

* am trying to convince my wife that when we move, we'll need to sell my 65" rptv, and step up to a dlp or lcd

* figured out that i screwed myself on my season pass to sun-splash. (ended up only going once. need to go at least three times to get my money's worth)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
What's up with me?

Put about 900 miles on my bike (the non motorized kind, i.e. a REAL bike) the past two weeks when I rode from NJ to New Brunswick, Canada..

Pet tarantulas are all doing well.. so are the fish.

Did not get married.

DVD collection fairly remained the same size...puny.

No plans on updating anything with my stereo. Gotta save some money...

Tattoos?

Already bought my Subaru Outback...

Jay

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
* Kicked my roommate out

* Bought a new car A 2004.5 VW GLI 1.8T

* Bought Chip for said car and now is a Freaking rocketship.

* Been doing comedy circuit around the south shore ( MA.)

* Got a new Gig hosting a Gameshow once a week.

* and I just found out that I was named the 2006 Psycic of the year

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
* Cleaning up after my 1 1/2 yr. old.
* Trying to get on a mens' volleyball team for the fall.
* Church shopping
* Need to make a serious decsion re: going to school or stay in my dead end job even though I don't want to go to school.
* Want to get rid of my car for an SUV, but don't know if I should if I end up going to school.
* Want to upgrade my spkrs, but don't know if I should if I'm going to school.
* Going on a cruise in March, but feeling guilty especially if I go to school.
* Had to tell my homeless and jobless brother he can't stay with us anymore especially if he's not gonna look for work.
* Had fun with friends the other nite driving around for an hour and a half (no thanks to "information") trying to find a resturaunt that ended up being burnt down.
* Babysitter cleaned up after my 1 1/2 yr. old.

Steven_Lazarus

Stunt Coordinator
* Purchased my first RPTV (57" Sony) three weeks ago which used up half the funds I had saved to go to Scotland in November.
* Made the wife angry due to my selfishness and compulsive spending habits.
* Bought the Zenith DVB-318 DVD player to compliment the DVI capabilities of the Sony RPTV.
* Made the wife angry due to my selfishness and compulsive spending habits.
* Sold my JVC DVD player to help compensate for my compulsive spending habits.
* Will get to mark another month off the calender next week thus only 18 more months left in Italy before we get to return to the homeland.
* Had the best pasta and clam sauce of my life when we were invited to dinner by our Italian neighbors. How they eat so much I'll never know!
* Looking for speakers to satisfy my compulsive spending habit.
* Self diagnosed myself with a right inguinal hernia, should probably get that fixed sometime soon.;)

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
1-traded in my 01 Nissan Sentra SE on an 04 Mazda 3 S with manual trans--fantastic car!

2-get to skip a month on car payments due to #1!

3-Discover card raised my limit by $1000!

4-can't think of a damn thing to upgrade with #2&3!

Steven, that DVB-318 will look better using 1080i over component than DVI, trust me I have one and a 57" Sony.
Be sure to redo AVIA with the 318, will looked washed out otherwise as you need to turn brightness down several clicks with this player.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
1. Changed professions and became a math teacher.
2. Met a really great girl and have been dating her for almost 2 months now.
3. Started back running.
4. Cut off the ol' Van Dyke. It's strange not having any facial hair after so many years (10).

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member

I thought that you might have been mentioning your wife (in lieu of GF) in your posts recently.

Best wishes to both of you. :emoji_thumbsup:

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
* Wished I mowed my lawn as much as Ted. ;)

* My pet gerbils spawned more pet gerbils. The cats are wondering when they get their hors-douvres-under-glass.

* Built a swanky new deck on the back of the house.

* Retired my old Firebird. *sniff*

* Red-lined the geekometer with my latest costume.

* Stayed married after redlining said geekometer. :D

* Bought some more DVDs. Mostly for my wife. :D

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
* My wife and I took our eight-year-old stepdaughter to her first cheerleading clinic last Saturday, and she has her first cheering outing at this Friday night's high school football game.

* Saw my 2002 Pontiac Sunfire die on me and the family on the side of the road with only half a mile to go before making it home.

* Analyzed the problem and found that it was a broken timing chain that caused the car to die on me.

* Traded in my Pontiac and got a new 2004 Kia Ultima LX, my first-ever foreign-built car.

* Playing phone tag with the Kia dealership to find out when the check will be ready for me to take to the courthouse to get a license tag for the new car. Still waiting.

* Got a replacement DVD of Have Gun, Will Travel Season 1 on Tuesday - Disc 5 on my previous set was broken.

* Got a really great new DVD on Monday and have been pouring through it. (Can't divulge the title just yet, at least not until next Tuesday!)

* Sent in an application to Calhoun Community College in Decatur, AL for a position as dean of planning and research. Waiting at this point.

* Recently finished reading Wil Wheaton's autobiography, Just a Geek. Really funny and very well written!

* Today I got a new part-time nighttime facilitating job with one of the universities here, to get money to save up for car insurance in February.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
thx lew! the sentiment is most appreciated! :emoji_thumbsup:

gee, this is kinda like the 'days of our lives' thread...

Joe S

Second Unit
Hi all, I'm usually a bit of a lurker here, just have to take the time to jump in and type!

I am learning how to tolerate my 46 mile commute to and from work. Actually, it hasn't been too bad...and there's always the back roads, although it takes a while longer.I am afraid it will wear out my car.

Job is going well, updating test equipment and software to eliminate problems.

Just bought a new riding mower. Got sick of having to fix my old one every few weeks. The new one is a Simplicity Coronet 13HP, a little bigger than the 8 HP machines I've had in the past. Hopefully, it will have a minimum of problems.

Still buying DVDs that I don't have time to watch. Will feel like watching when the weather gets cooler.

Doesn't really feel like Summer. The weather has been cooler than normal, or maybe I'm too tired from my longer commute.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
- Lots of political intrigue went down in my country over the past couple of weeks, none of which I'm allowed to discuss due to HTF rules. For those of you keeping up with the news, suffice it to say I'm on the "extremely pissed off" camp ;) And yes, I know it sounds unlikely, but our allegations are accurate. Give it time.

- In light of the above, I decided to get out while the getting's moderately good and started gathering the paperwork I'll need to apply to for a Canadian residence visa. I plan to apply before the end of the year and, God willing, be fully relocated by this time next year.

- Just got a buzzcut. I look like an unused Chia Pet.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
-I went back to work today after my vacation of a week-and-a-half.

-My online screenwriting classes are winding down, and I'm going to have to double-time on writing the screenplay.

-I watched my DVD of "Witchboard" last night. Forget the Whitesnake videos...Tawny Kitaen is at her hottest in this movie.

-After 21 years on Earth, I''ve made the resolution to learn how to drive this year.

-My 18th or 19th update for my "Return Of 'I Love The 80s'" list will be going up in a few minutes.

-On my vacation, I purchased 4 titles that haven't been released to DVD yet ("Cross My Heart", "Grandview U.S.A", "Night Visitor" and "Whose Life Is It Anyway"?), and I also recorded "Busty Cops" from late-night Showtime and "Eddie Murphy Raw" from 5Max (one of the Cinemax channels on digital cable).

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Bill Cosby always wants to tell me a story.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
-I found an alarming amount of those little rings that wrap around the milk bottle caps. It appears that kitty Ali is able to teleport them out of the trash can and stockpile them underneath the sofa and chair. Alarming amount.

-I discovered, that although neither the boys nor I eat mayonaisse. There is always a jar in the refrigerator.

-I had a horrible anxiety attack when I looked in the mirror the other day. I noticed that one side of my body hangs lower than other. My doctor said it's normal.

-A higher ranked black belt in my Shaolin class, out of frustration pushed me causing my heel to poke a hole in the wall of the studio. Sifu said it was my fault. What is he trying to tell me?

-The last of my buddies is getting married. I will be the best man. "There is a brown minivan with its' lights on...."

-Saw 2001: A Space Odyssey on the big screen

Patrick Nevin

Stunt Coordinator
*I got my Infoucs 4805 installed a few weeks ago and am loving the picture.

*I am gonna go to Michigan in a few weeks to visit family and friends, I can't wait.

*Getting my room redone in a dark Burgundy carpet/walls to improve the 4805 picture.

*Getting some issues with my body figured out.

*Staying busy while working 2 jobs.

*I found out that one of my jobs I am getting more hours so I hope I can quit the other one which will be hard to do cause my coworkers are super cool to work with but the job duties suck.

That is all I can think of for now.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
*Have slept 4 hours in the last 36
*Going to college tomorrow (today now) and getting progressively more scared as it gets closer
*Going to bed very shortly

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks