What's new

So whats new with you? (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
* Bought a new house
* Based on Ted's advice bought the Lee Valley traditional mower and loving it
* Decked out the computer I really wanted.. and then, three grand later, had my four year old (now five) pour water in it.. eh, it's only a few grand :rolleyes
* Wired our house for ethernet.
* Dealt with prostate problems that turned out to be a benign cyst; thank god. But scary enough to make me re-evaluate things.
* Setup my new associated business.
* Worked in several local ballot issue campaigns; preparing to work the streets in a big ballot issue campaign coming up (not a candidate, a referrendum on the ballot, here in KC, it's BiStateII.. and in my book, it's "Fraud")

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
* started collecting single-layer Sony SACDs

* need to stop buying CD/SACD due to mounting credit card bill

* considering buying $99.00 TEAC digital power amp for my system

* need to stop buying stuff due to mounting credit card bill

* starting my 4 day weekend, beginning with a day-trip with my girlfriend

* trying to smooth out relations between my mom and girlfriend

* attended wedding of girlfriend's brother, where I was officially introduced as "boyfriend"

* should I get new wheels for my 2001 Camry?

* being too good of an government employee by finishing my duties a month ahead of schedule

* decided to leave my current job....but not yet

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member

I lived in Caracas durning the coup attempts when CAP was president--about 10 or so years ago.

Good luck, Ricardo.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen

Brilliant, isn't it? Wait till I go out on Halloween. I'm bringin' home a TON of free candy. ;)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
* missing college with a passion not even half a year out of it

* going to bed at 8-9am

* trying to learn the words to 311's song Salsa

* depressed buds & I weren't able to trek to the beach this summer, but still happy with the weather

* not looking forward to getting a job...

* but looking forward to either moving or just traveling

* hating insomnia but loving life :D

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
  • Traded in my 98 Ford Explorer for a brand new 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition, in pimp-tastic Dark Plum!!
  • NOT watching the Olympics for the first time in my life.
  • Wondering who mowed my lawn last week, and why they did it. Yes, I came home one day to find my yard (front & back) completely mowed, edged, and trimmed. I've never hired anyone to do this. :confused:
  • Working on my sound design for a local production of Alan Ayckbourn's play "Comic Potential".
  • Counting down the days to the 2004 HTF National Meet in LA!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Ownership of my Ford Focus ZX5 hit one year a month ago.

I'll be starting on my eighth year at my job in a couple days. :eek:

Just finished EQing my SVS 20-39PCi with a BFD. If I hear another round of pink noise it will be too soon.

Just finished watching my brother's dog, a Pomeranian mix named Buffy (yes, as in the Slayer)

Will be going to the HTF Meet in L.A. in a few weeks

Decided I will go to the 2008 Summer Olymics in Beijing, combining two vacation goals in one (visit China and attend an Olympics)

Inspired by the overseas teaching thread am considering how I can maneuver into a position where this is feasible (maybe in time for the 2008 Olympics)

Finally watched the Oliphaunt battle sequence in The Return of the King with my EQ'ed sub.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Got married in Vegas by driving across the country. Went to CA, took cruise to Mexico, drove home :D

Buying a house, moving from being renters. Barring any last minute problems, we close next friday. New house WILL have a HT room for my X1 projector. Somewhere. Looks like we will use the master bedroom for the HT. Unless I can get part of the 1.5 car garage modded out for it.

Starting school again. My first semester as a history & computer science dual major instead of electrical engineering. Only 2-3 more years to go! I'll be like 28 when I'm done :eek:

Considering ditching my Zenith DVB-318 DVD player for one of the new Denon models. Waiting for reviews.

Working waay to much overtime in prep. for the aforementioned new house.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
*Turned 19 on June 26

*Started my second year of college, I've now started taking my business courses and am presently enrolled in accounting(hard subject but kind of interesting)

*Still learning how to drive, hopefully I'll have my liscense in a couple months.

*Bought my first car to finish my driver training in: A used Automatic 1997 Honda Accord which is in excellent condition, the biggest drawback to it is that the original owner put 170,000 miles on it. The good thing is that he kept up with the maintenence and took care of it so it balances out in the end. It's alot nicer than most of my friend's vehicles.

*Still buying DVD's, my most recent one is the Goodfellas SE.

* My friends want me to move in with them this January, but I don't think it will happen I'd rather save my money to move out when I graduate from college.

*no new HT gear but I do look and drool:) .

*my new Dog Kobe is still working out good.

Dustin Woods

Agent
* Got a new apartment. It's nice driving three minutes to work instead of 35 like I was before. Now I just have to find a roommate, to save money for:

* Decided I'm going back to school next semester. Woke up one day and thought to myself - "Do I really want to manage movie theaters the rest of my life?" Haven't been in school in 2.5 years, but it's time. Though I don't really look forward to working full-time at the theater and taking ~15 hours at school.

* '95 Honda del Sol is pushing 100K miles and thankfully still running great. No plans whatsoever to upgrade.

* Signed up for free month of NetFlix last night - 21 Grams, School of Rock, and Season 1 Disc 1 of The Shield are on their way.

* Started working out at the gym this week. Have been dieting for seven months or so and lost 45 lbs, now need to build muscle while losing the rest of the fat. Would like to be down to 200 by the end of the year (started at 275, can't believe I let myself get that heavy).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Got any pics or is it mostly internal improvements? The most I've done is give mine the Zaino treatment. I'm pretty utilitarian about my vehicles, but I'm happy with it all around. I don't care too much for the latest design, which seemed to lose some of the more stylish interior elements.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
which models are you looking at? i'm still trying to find something to replace my samsung 931.

* bought the world's coolest gadget. a rainbird sprinker-head doo-hickey. this thing lets me mess around with my lawn sprinklers in a way never before imagined. no more jamming a screwdriver to try to keep the damn pop-up thingy in place.

* decided that it's dangerous to wander around home-depot after downing a triple-soy-white-mocha (with light whip). you buy the most bizarre stuff.

* just finished updating my work laptop with the latest pushes from the company. since i'm doing it from home it takes forever!

* am contemplating if i should go see a movie....

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
It was fine. I had 69,000 miles on it, and no mechanical problems at all. I traded it in because I was getting a little bored with it, and there are lots of good deals on new cars floating around right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks