What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
After cutting his teeth as a director working on Broadway, Lewis Allen was brought to Hollywood by Paramount Pictures in 1941. He got his first big break – after paying his dues working in various roles like dialogue director and directing a WWII propaganda short – as a feature film director with The Uninvited (1944), which has become a classic in the horror genre; reuniting with that film’s star, Ray Milland, Allen returned to his native England in 1948 to film So Evil My Love, an entry in the “gaslight noir” subgenre. Previously released by Universal (the current rights holder) on MOD DVD as part of their Vault Series, Kino has licensed the film for its Blu-ray debut.

So Evil My Love (1948)

Released: 06 Aug 1948
Rated: Approved
Runtime: 112 min

Director: Lewis Allen...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've looked at this a couple of times as a blind purchase. Will add it to my list to pick up in the future.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks for your review, the BD has been sitting on my home office desk since its release date. Hopefully, I'll get to it in the near future as I will watch it twice because listening to a Imogen Sara Smith commentary is a requirement for me.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks for your review, the BD has been sitting on my home office desk since its release date. Hopefully, I'll get to it in the near future as I will watch it twice because listening to a Imogen Sara Smith commentary is a requirement for me.
It took me a while, but I finally watched this Blu-ray.:laugh: A really good film!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks