What's new

Snow White -when will Walt Disney bring out a HDef version of this classic movie? (1 Viewer)

I'm wondering what Disney will do to mark the 70th Anniversary of the first release date of
Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs
in 2007 - are there plans afoot to produce a new Hi Defintion transfer a la Warner Bros latest version of The Wizard Of Oz, which pulled out all the stops picture and audio wise?

Or is Disney holding off until all the releases in their Platinum DVD series are out and waiting until the 75th Anniversary of it's first animated classic?

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Snow White looks absolutely frickin' amazing to me. The Platinum Edition already had the film remastered in high-definition but was downconverted for DVDs resolution. The only way I can think of to improve it is to see it on Blu-Ray or HD-DVD in its full high-definition glory.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The Cinesite restoration was performed at 4K, so they can source from that again.

The LDI restoration was performed only at standard def PAL res (24fps, though).

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Muir, like you said above...

My guess is that this will be released when all of the Platinum Edition movies have been released.

I would like the Disney Studios to fully animate the
Music In Your Soup song which exists in pencil
test animation form, and have this sequence as one of the extras on the next DVD release of Snow White!!

However I dread the day Disney announce a sequel to Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - how they would do that goodness knows - maybe the Witch on the way to falling to her death catches a branch and clambers her way back up the mountainside - God forbid!!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
It'll focus on Snow White's daughter, and her forbidden love for an older, and much shorter man. :)

Jon Baker

Second Unit
In looking at the upcoming release schedule for Disney DVDs I see that "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" Platinum edition will be re-released in October 2009 along with a Blu-Ray edition.

Pinocchio is scheduled for March 2009 in both formats and Beauty and the Beast in 2010.

I'm wondering if the new DVD release of SW (not the Blu-Ray) will be an improvement over the existing platinum edition. I've been starting to collect the animated Disney titles and wondering if it will be worth the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks