Snatch subtitle oddity ... problem?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RobertCharlotte, Jul 15, 2002.

1. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

I picked up the current SE of Snatch the other day and was watching it over the weekend when I noticed that I cannot select the subtitles using the button on my remote. Instead, I have to go back to the menu and turn them on/off from there.

Anybody else notice this? I am not really disturbed by it, since the movie picks up where I left off after the change, it just seems strange to me.

2. Mikko-Ville

Mikko-Ville Stunt Coordinator

That's the case with many other dvds also. I've got about half a dozen dvds where you can't change the subs on-the-fly. I suppose there isn't anything actually wrong with these but it's just the way they were made.

I've seen couple of pretty annoying ones where you can't change the subs without going to the menu. After that the disc doesn't resume to the point where you left off but starts in the beginning. Grr....

3. HenrikTull

HenrikTull Second Unit

Snatch utilizes the extended branching feature. THAT'S why you can't change the subtitles.

4. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

The extended branching must be that "stealing stones" feature I haven't watched yet.

Thanks both!