What's new

Snappy Cases (1 Viewer)

Lee_eel

Second Unit
Warner, must you persist with those snapper cases. You are losing my custom as i refuse to buy them!

Andy_MT

Second Unit
would you really not buy a film you liked because of the packaging ? that's sad :frowning:

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
WB is using them because they are cheaper to use than keep cases.
That being said...ever notice how many of WB's DVD's are inexpensive compared to other studios? (Of course, studios like Kino and Image have $26.99 snapper-encased discs, but they usually have an accurate price for the media)
Plus, you could always go and get some keep cases for cheap and put the discs in there. It really would be sad if you're keeping yourself away from movies like North By Northwest, Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, The Wizard of Oz, or The Thin Man because they're in snappers.
If I was following your "case is more important than DVD" rule, I wouldn't have Amadeus, Arsenic and Old Lace, Being There, Ben-Hur, Blazing Saddles, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Casablanca, The Gold Rush, Modern Times, City Lights, The Great Dictator, The Circus, Rejected, Deliverance, Flash Gordon: Space Soldiers, Gone With The Wind, The Maltese Falcon, North By Northwest, Nosferatu: SE, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Superman: The Movie, Weird Al Yankovic: The Videos, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory: WS SE, Westworld, The Wizard of Oz, and then I couldn't get the upcoming DVD's of The Thin Man, Strange Brew, Gremlins: SE, Gremlins 2: SE, and a lot others.
Even if WB stopped using snappers, there's still hundreds of movies still on shelves with snapper cases...so you'd STILL not get the movies...and never get to see them. :D

Lee_eel

Second Unit
I am a collector of DVD movies. I hate the look of the snapper cases. They are flimsy and always seem to have stickers on the back of them that take around 30 minutes to get off without ripping the back. I just don't like them.
They look naff stacked beside Amaray cases. There may be a movie released in the future that i am desperate to own and therefore, would buy it but it would have to be a pretty special film. as far as i am concerned this is not sad. If i don't like something i won't buy it. simple as!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I don't hate snappers at all, but they've got to stop putting that "SECURITY DEVICE ENCLOSED" and title label on the top!!! They used to put it outside the shrink wrap but now it's right on the case!

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Lee,

You could always buy keepcases from inetdvd.com and then print out the cover art from DVDCOVERART.com like a bunch of other people here do. I hate snappers too but it sounds like Warner is going to stick with them for the foreseeable future.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Warner will not stop using Snappers in the US. Only in Asia and Australia have they succeeded in getting rid of them because the indiginous populations hate them universeally, and the climate destroys them rather quickly.

Since Warner owns the design and the plant that makes them, they will not vanish here ever, unless it becomes more profitable toswitch to keepcases (aka AOLTW buys Amaray)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I said the UPCOMING DVD of Strange Brew.

Again, nothing is keeping you from a snapper DVD if you get keep cases...and you can get them cheap.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Lee, your position is a bit extreme. I hate snapper cases with a vengeance. But it just so happens the latest DVD edition of my all-time favorite film is packaged in a snapper case. You think I'm going to let the snapper case stand between that film and me?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks