What's new

Snapper Case Security Tags (1 Viewer)

StevenFC

Second Unit
I was just wondering if there's anybody else out there as anal as I am about taking apart their snapper cases to remove the security tags from the back of the plastic DVD holder? I hate having those things on my DVD case.

Now if I could only figure a way to put the cardboard cover into the plastic of a keepcase. The cardboard is just too big.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell

At one time, plastic slipcovers for the cardboard were available. I don't know if anyone still sells them, as I haven't bought any in years.

DJ

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
I leave the secuirty tags inside. The last few that I opened up to remove the tags, the tabs the hold the cardboard & plastic together have snapped off. This has happened with about 4-5 disc. So I stopped doing it.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

I wasn't even aware they were there. Ah, ignorance IS bliss. :D

Still, it makes sense that they would be there. I tend to operate on the out-of-sight, out-of-mind principle here.

I used to get rather annoyed by the security tags that would show up underneath the clear disc hubs on some of Warner Bros. two-disc special editions, for example. However, I quickly realized removing those was more trouble than it is worth.

One exceptionally fun experience with Universal's Legend DVD, a security tab, and a lot of Goo Gone was enough to convince me life's too short, man. ;)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Sign me up for being anal. It isn't that I don't want them there, but - and this is only partially in jest - those could easily be changed for ones with GPS.

I can see a fly-by now. "Yep, that house has one, and that one. Oh, they've got two in that house! If I were a thief that would be the place to go to."

Seriously, they do track its location. I'd rather have them go to the dumpsite. They can scan there all they want to.

Too bad that case fell apart on you Joe. You took it back, I hope?

Glenn

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I'm another "out-of-sight-out-of-mind" types. I remove 'em when I can see 'em.

As for snappers, I have very very few of 'em. They've mostly been replaced with custom covers from places like dvdcoverart. :)

And my wife and friends think I'm nuts. :D

SteveLeach

Stunt Coordinator
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now if I could only figure a way to put the cardboard cover into the plastic of a keepcase. The cardboard is just too big.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a thought. A trip to the local Kinco's to use their color copier to make a copy that fits in a keepcase. The the original cardboard becomes a mini-poster...

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Count me in as well. I hate the idea that they are there. Probably some sort of mental disorder...

JonSpice

Stunt Coordinator
Take the snapper apart put down on a scanner with the heaviest flat object and scan to get the chapter list, then turn the snapper around and scan the list then print. I cut by using a X-Acto Guillitine (Stapeles $29.95) for exact cuts of paper not my fingers via single edge razors.
I also am a member of dvdcoverart.com for quite a while but Matt is making hit hard to buy 100 credits for $9.95 I don't want to be mixed up wit PayPal, CC used to be great now PayPal, If and when I discover how to get his website on my Norton Internet Security I'll be getting covers again from him and not grabbing them off of the internet.

I got hit by mydoom and I had just downloaded the fix when the update said you have a infection. I used my get out of jail free card heh heh and all is green again.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks