What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Meant to be a satire on the 1960’s pop culture phenomenon that was Swinging London, Smashing Time is an odd cinematic concoction of satire, slapstick comedy, musical elements, and British New Wave sensibilities mixed in. The end result is something that’s not for all tastes, making it off-putting for those not tuned in to its eccentric sensibilities but a fun little romp for those willing to give it a chance. Released theatrically by Paramount Pictures and previously released on DVD by Anchor Bay, Kino has picked up the film – from Disney, the current rights holder – for its Blu-ray debut as part of the label’s Studio Classics line.

Smashing Time (1967)

Released: 26 Feb 1968
Rated: N/A
Runtime: 96 min

Director: Desmond Davis
Genre: Comedy, Musical

Cast: Rita Tushingham, Lynn Redgrave, Michael York, Anna Quayle
Writer(s): George Melly...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I like this live action cartoon of a film. I had the Anchor Bay DVD which wasn't anamorphic, but looked very nice & colourful. I'll hang on for a while & see if this gets a release in the UK. The unusual thing about this film is that it was made when it was all happening (1968) & not years later (Austin Powers).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks