Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
matt-hough has published a new article.

Chato's Land Blu-ray Review

chatolandtop-150x150.jpg

On a superficial level, a sort of western precursor to their upcoming smash hit Death Wish, Michael Winner’s Chato’s Land starring...
Continue reading the original article.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
That Gerald Wilson interview may well be interesting. He had very mixed feelings about working with Michael Winner.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Googled and found this comparison of the US and German DVD versions of Chato's Land

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=949883

Most of the changes revolve around the sexual assault of Chato's wife and some of the more violent scenes in the film. If Chato's wife is shown mostly clothed or covered during and after the assault then the Blu-Ray contains the US version. If she is shown naked during and after the assault then the Blu-Ray contains the harsher European cut.

I'm a pretty big Bronson fan, but this (for me) is one of the weaker pairings with Michael Winner; when compared to The Mechanic and Death Wish anyway.

- Walter.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
She's definitely naked as she's bandied about by the brutes raping her and afterwards.

And you're right about Wilson. He states in the interview that he wasn't sure Michael Winner knew what he was doing, but he doesn't dwell on negativity.

Brent Reid

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brent
That's great; not for the increased brutality, but because it should be the longer cut overall. Can you post the exact runtime please?

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
My uncut version of Chato's Land off of Encore Westerns runs 100 minutes. It has all the scenes that IMDb says were deleted from various other versions, which I think include the MGM/UA DVD and earlier Encore broadcasts.

Now if only Lawman (1971) could be restored to its uncut version. A couple of early reviews of the film on IMDb and Amazon reference nudity and/or violence that is missing from the MGM/UA DVD and current broadcast versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks