What's new

Small HT Dimensions (1 Viewer)

Oligorio

Auditioning
Real Name
Iván
(First of all sorry my english)
Hi All,
Im trying to build a HT/Family room/Gaming room, I have a pretty restricted space and i kind of like all edge tech and pretty large displays lol, let me tell you wat i want so you can tell me what to do or what not to do.
Room Dimensions:
Option 1: H9', W15',L9.51' (on one end of the L wall i will have a window about 6')
Option 2: H9', W15',L12'' (on one end of the L wall i will have a window about 6')
Option 3: H9', L15', W9.51' (on one end of the W wall i will have a window about 6')
Option 2: H9', L15',W12'' (on one end of the W wall i will have a window about 6')
What i want is to have a projector with a 100" +/- display with a 7.1 surround system, an L Shapped couch, and on the wall put some bass traps and some accoustic panels.
the thing is that i really dont know what direction tu put the projector or if a projector is a good idea for the room at all.
in case i could use a projector (and i really want to have one lol) which brand you suggest?
wich brand of bass trap? or should i bouild it myself?
wich brand accoustic pads?
which brand of receiver and speakers?
You recomend for the projector a movable screen or the one that looks like a frame on the wall? any brand in particular?
PS: I dont have all the money in the world so, I would like something good but affordable.
PS2: I plan to cover the window with a big curtain and pretty nice blackput
Lots of thanks to you all :D

Jon_B

Screenwriter
go to projectorcentral.com pick a projector...then figure out how far back that projector needs to be to get the 100" screen you want to use.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
A 15' long room is not enough for a 7.1 system. You need 3-4' behind your seats for the rear speakers, to use a 7.1 system. Screen size is determined by your seating distance from screen. I would go with 1 of the 12' X 15' options.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Jim Mcc said:
Screen size is determined by your seating distance from screen. I would go with 1 of the 12' X 15' options.
Generally speaking...yes it is. However, have you ever noticed how many people sit in the front row of a theater? Some people want/need to be closer to the screen than other people are comfortable with.

FreyTheater

Stunt Coordinator
Amish Country - Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Real Name
Troy Frey
I have a 120" screen, and my front row seating is only 9' from eyes to screen. None of my 100's of guests have ever complained about that seating being too close.... BUT, my projector is almost 13' back from the screen, and is mounted at the shortest throw to fill the screen (for maximum screen brightness). If you configure your theater room so that is is only 12' deep, you may have a tough time finding a projector that will fill a 100" screen when it is mounted back as far as it can - if you have a back wall at 12 feet, the lens is going to be less than 11' from the screen, a very short throw.
Probably best to go with a setup 12 wide and 15 deep...

Oligorio

Auditioning
Real Name
Iván
Thnx to all of you! for your time and opinion.
Here is a apicture of the layout of the room. I am givin names to all the walls so its easier for me to understand your sugestions.
i.e: You should put the projector on the B wall and the display on the C wall... etc etc etc.
PS: What display you suggest? Those that are movable and you use a remote controller to operate it in the best case scenario :P. or the display that is mounted on the wall with a frame.
Here is the layout:
d3acee9f_HTLayout.jpeg

Oligorio

Auditioning
Real Name
Iván
HI,
I've redesigned my HT Layout in order to get the best of the limited space I have. (layout in the Picture)
What do you think?
Here are are the links to the Screen, projector and AV receiver that I'm thinking on buying.
Screen: I Really want a 100+ Display but I think it wont be suitable for the room.
I want the 110Inches Display but i think i wont have enough space for the speakers, so im thinking the 100 inch could be the way to go
http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Screens-ER120WH1-Sable-Fixed/dp/B00366S0UW/ref=pd_cp_op_3 but i think i wont have enough space for the speakers,
The Projector: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3010e
http://www.amazon.com/Epson-PowerLite-Projector-Integrated-V11H450020/dp/B005VONPNO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1332954918&sr=1-1
The AV Receiver:Denon AVR-1912
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-1912-Channel-Streaming-Receiver/dp/B004U403XQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1332955561&sr=1-1
What speakers do you suggest?
What kind of kit should i Buy for the acoustics? (bass traps etc...)
if you think a should use another brand for the display,projector or AV Receiver please let me know
Thnk you all.http://www.hometheaterforum.com/image/id/844508/width/600/height/541

Oligorio

Auditioning
Real Name
Iván
Hi everyone I started my project! here are some pics of the evolution.
Entrance
Back of the room
Front of the room (display)
Panoramic view of the room taking some form
I know it is small, not too much of a big deal compared to some projects here, but i think it would be cozzy.
ill keep you posted.

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Don't worry about it being small. If it has a image and has sound that you like, and its comfortable, it's fine. Just host a few instead of a crowd. Looking forward to your progress.

Oligorio

Auditioning
Real Name
Iván
Im looking for some accoustic panels that are affordable and stylish. Any ideas? Ps: i live outside of the US so i should be able to buy it on amazon or another place that allow shipping to a P.O. box

Oligorio

Auditioning
Real Name
Iván
Update Some pics of the evolution of the project.
35743eed_image.jpeg
2d4c9d03_image.jpeg
cf7ded38_image.jpeg
b7e3436e_image.jpeg
Ill be posting some new pics soon thnx for all the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks