What's new

small home theater setup, suggestions? (1 Viewer)

BryanWiatrak

Auditioning
I'm a n00b at home theater stuff and i'm in HS so i don't have that much $$$ to spend. Also, this will be for my bedroom (which is pretty small) so i don't need anything great.
I will be picking up this tv soon: http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=...cat=24&scat=28
Now i need speakers/sub and a reciever
Since i don't have that much $$$ to spend, i was thinking about getting a home theater in a box. Are there any good ones for under $500?
I was also thinking about saving up some more and putting it togeather piece by piece.
I was looking at Klipsch SYNERGY SERIES speakers/subs, those any good?
I would also like Dolby Digital, DTS and Dolby Pro Logic decoding
Any suggestions would be great,
Bryan

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi bryan -

welcome to the forum. this is a great place to hang!

without a doubt, probably the most popular htb system is the kenwood htb-504. i don't have a lot of experience with htb's, but i've heard the kenwood myself and must admit it sounded pretty darn good.

if you absolutely want to go that route, i would give it a serious consideration.

personally, i think your second option is better. going separates is absolutely the way to go. you'll get better flexibility and performance (especially with regards to speakers). of course, you'll spend a little more. but i always tell people to piece the system together slowly. i think they'll be happier in the long run.

post out in the receivers and speakers forums. ask for recommendations...i'm sure you'll get some replies.

good luck!

BryanWiatrak

Auditioning
without a doubt, probably the most popular htb system is the kenwood htb-504. i don't have a lot of experience with htb's, but i've heard the kenwood myself and must admit it sounded pretty darn good.
Thanks for the reply :)
A few other people suggested that same Kenwood system. I'll check it out tomorrow at Circuit City.

Tom D

Stunt Coordinator
I dont have a model number for you but, Yamaha has a new HTB out. The place where I get my movies from also sells electronics and he has this system set up. Every time I go in he has something playing on it. It sounds pretty good!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks