What's new

Build me a Home Theater (1 Viewer)

Milliron

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert Muehleisen
Sorry for the cross-posting, this was in the New Members forum too.

I’m building a new HT from the ground up, although I still have most of my old gear, which consists of:

Onkyo TX-SR 876 receiver
Paradigm sub
Paradigm middle channels
PSB Image center chamber and rear surrounds.
(I gave away my Klipsch RF-3 floorstanders)

My new HT aspires to 4K, with 7.1.4 Atmos surround. I’m ready to go all new except I’ll probably keep the Para sub. I was never overly fond of the PSBs.

This is a basement room. Rectangle 24' x 14', 8.5' ceiling. One window, small south facing, with a well, left side of the room. This is a dedicated, dark room. Entrance to the rear, on the right as you face the opposite end. Approximate budget. $5-7.5k+. Need a TV. I would love a projector, but I want 4K and that’s probably not doable right now. Thinking 4k OLED TV, c. 70"

Wires can be run into the walls. This will be primarily a theater system, but I like to watch music video so ability to reproduce quality audio is a must. Interested in Atmos. Thinking either 5.1.4. or 7.1.4.

This is for a family of four. I also need seating. I have an idea of what's out there but need some real world experiences. I'm an audiophile and have a separate 2 channel setup upstairs, but this system is 90% for video.

I am willing to consider all suggestions. Thanks for any help.

Bob

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Bob,

Is your budget just for av equipment, or for seating etc too? That makes a pretty big difference on what we can recommend.

Milliron

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert Muehleisen
I’ll go out on a limb and say it includes seating. However I’m famous for “home renovation snowballing”. So there may some wiggle room in that number, depending on circumstances over the next six months.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks