What's new

Sleeping Problems (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I'm a person who gets very little sleep and when I do sleep I get a lot of sleep. But none of this feels like a deep sleep. Perhaps it's a depression thing but I was just curious if anyone had any pointers or what have you that help out the sleep deprived. I've heard things like a warm glass a milk at night helps, stuff like that. Plus, I always have big black circles under my eyes, is that just a side effect of being sleep deprived? What can I do to solve that problem? Hope to hear from you guys, and any advice would help out.
Thank You

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Has this been an ongoing thing for a long time? Are you under a lot of stress? Are you overweight, which raises the possibility of sleep apnea? Search the HTF After Hours forum for "sleep apnea", and see if you have the same symptoms!

Also search this forum for "insomnia". Some good threads have passed through here lately.

Jonathan Burk

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Burk
Definitely get a copy of the book "The Promise of Sleep" by William Dement. It's excellent, and will help you to understand your habits, and the steps you might take to feel more rested.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Been there before. I found counting, warm milk, swap beds, etc to be of no use. All my problems were solved when I had to be up before 5 every morning and didn't get back until 7pm or the next 8AM. I still don't get much sleep or have long sleep periods anymore, but I am able to fall asleep quickly now. The cold weather does help too, but seeing as you're in Canada I guess that isn't the problem or a benefit.
Things like apnea, anxiety, and depression are items to be considered. Have you tried any of the OTC meds or Rx non-Benzodiazapienes(Sonata/Ambien)? A bolus of Propofol would solve the problem. ;) This isn't something to put off, if you can't get enough sleep it will compound all other issues in your life. Put that national healthcare to good use.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
When I need a deep sleep I take Melatonin. One little pill works great for me, but it takes almost three for my wife. I don't take it often though. One pill lasts about 2 - 3 nights of sleep time for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks