What's new

SIRENS: wishing for a new re-release (1 Viewer)

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
1994's Sirens, starring Hugh Grant, Tara Fitzgerald and a frequently naked Elle MacPherson (among others), was one of my earliest aquisitions in my DVD library, started almost ten years ago. I watched it numerous times, and remember thinking how good the image looked, even for an early, non-animorphic transfer; the cinematography in this film is wonderful; the ladies to be sure, but especially the Australian landscape was so well captured.

Well, I just screened this film again--and, not surprisingly, it just didn't appear as good in comparison to all the superior transfers of older films I've seen more recently. Does anyone else think there would be an audience for Sirens with a restored image and maybe a few extras?

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
I would buy a new release, particularly if there were some interviews with director John Duigan, Elle Macpherson, Portia DeRossi, and Tara Fitzgerald, and ESPECIALLY if they include the original international ending to the film that Miramax removed for the U.S. market.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks