What's new

Simpsons 300th Episode (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
What did people think of this. I thought it was great! I loved Homer's "I had to buy back some incriminating Photos" Bit. Couldn't stop laughing. And little did I know that there was a 2nd all new episode after that! Wasn't as good as the 300th episode but still funny. Did anyone else notice that Barney Gumble was drinking again?

One question, I had read that the 300th episode wasn't really the 300th episode. It was kind of confimed in my mind with the joke with Marge asking "How many crazy things has your father done" and the Lisa refering to a clicker to reply "300, Mom" and then Marge says "I could have sworn it was 302" was that a reference to that episode, really being the 302nd?

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone else catch the Requiem For A Dream reference in the second episode when Homer eats the Ribwich? :laugh:

Favorite quote:

Otto: How do you spell AC/DC?
Lisa: A-C-D-C!
Otto: Wrong! You forgot the lightning bolt! :laugh:

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
The 300th was ok, but not great by any means. Tony Hawk's cameo was just absolute crap, one of the worst I'd seen. Every time he opened his mouth, cringe cringe.

The 301st though was a great episode, one of the best I'd seen in ages. If they'd keep the level of quality at least at that level I'd watch the Simpsons way more than I do now.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
They were both very good, had that vintage Simpsons feel.

Homer's skateboarding while smoking the pipe cracked me up. :)

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
I thought they were good! :)

I'd have to agree w/ the statement that 'a 'bad' Simpsons episode is still 10x better than most shows'

~Jason

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
I agree that the 300 episode was "okay", nothing too special. It has some good moments, then it has bad moments too. But the follow up was great. I love everything about, even the hot plates! (whatever those are)

James T

Screenwriter
I also thought the 300th episode is only okay. I don't remember laughing at all throughout the episode. It seems that The Simpson has been running out of steam for awhile now.

I loved the Requiem for a Dream refernence

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I thought that having the spelling bee held in the city of each local braodcast station was cool. IE: Lisa said the bee was in "calgary", and I can confirm that two friends, wach in Canadian cities had their city name in place of "calgary". Nice touch.

cheers!

Josh

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I thought that the 300th episode was absolutely horrible, half-hearted and a waste of everyone's time. The 301st episode was a decent, about par with a season that (while far from peak) is better than the last couple.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I liked both episodes, the 300th a little more than the follow-up.

I did get a kick out of:

"Hey, don't Borgnine my sandwich!", and

Krusty in S.F. among the hippies, "What a long, strange product roll-out it's been." :laugh:

Rob

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Corvette owner, after trading his car for the last rib-wich:

"I have buyer's remorse." :D

I was wondering how many people out there would have gotten the Requiem reference.

Moe.

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
Did anyone else think the Simpsons 300 episode would be more of an event? I don't know, maybe I just fell for the hype. But it coinciding with the Married with Children reunion, having promo's for the 300th episode include people like Bernie Mac and Frankie Munoz and others congratulating the Simpsons, stating it would be a 90 minute episode and "14 years in the making..."

I'm not sure what I expected. Maybe some interviews with people behind the scenes. I guess I just expected more of a celebration, because that's how it was advertised. Instead it was just another episode.

Either way, did anyone expect more?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Wow

I'm surprised that so many people had such a negative reaction to the 300th episode. Like I said before, thought it was pretty funny. I guess I just liked the Michael Jackson Balcony Spoof a lot and it pleased me enough.

Although, I have noticed that many people on this forum have been pretty tough on the Simpsons for the last couple of seasons

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
It's just lost the spark. The show used to have a quick joke every few seconds. Now it's just one pop culture reference after another, and not to mentinon, the jokes are driven into the ground now.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Although, I have noticed that many people on this forum have been pretty tough on the Simpsons for the last couple of seasons
Are the fans tougher or is the material weaker? I watch the episodes from the first and second seasons on DVD and they not only hold up, but show just how bad the current episodes are. I personally feel that last season was the low.

Which isn't to say it's poor entertainment... it still makes me laugh. It doesn't make me smile hardly at all though anymore. (Though when homer was in the stadium cheering on Lisa, that made me smile.)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The "Seven Sisters" joke on 301 made it all worthwhile, at least for my girlfriend, who went to one of them. (Bryn Mawr)

BTW, according to her, they got that right. :b Unlike Mount Holyoke, which her sister said is about as far away from a party school as you can get...

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks