What's new

Show me your desktop! (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Show off your desktop! What are must-have apps for you?

My desktop is not that exciting, but I changed the image from a default Yosemite image to the London Eye that I took on vacation last month.

My go-to apps include 1Password, Safari and Numbers. And I recently bought Magnet from the AppStore for its window tiling commands.
Mac Desktop.jpeg
(click to enlarge)

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
i like spacey things. not kevin, he's kinda bad turns out. but stuff that's UP! :D

This is Sombrero Galaxy. how about if you were big enough to wear this thing! just tippin your hat would kill 2 billion worlds!!

1 desktop 2018..jpg

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
What can I say? I love those Minions! My "go-to" apps include Chrome for browsing, MS Word for writing which I do daily, Real Temp for making sure I don't overheat the system [used to be an actual problem until I bought a Hyper T4 CPU fan/heat sink from Cool Master] and JRiver/Kodi for Theater duty. I downloaded REW based on a previous thread here but haven't really played around with it.

upload_2018-7-5_16-4-26.png

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
With widescreens, I feel I have more space to spare horizontally than vertically. I’ve tried the hidden dock, Windows and Mac, and it ends up annoying me more than it helps me. :)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
With widescreens, I feel I have more space to spare horizontally than vertically. I’ve tried the hidden dock, Windows and Mac, and it ends up annoying me more than it helps me. :)
I have a lot of screen real estate. A 27" 2560x1440 and a 24" 1920x1200, and I want every millimeter of it for stuff I want to see. I don't access the dock all that often, and I'm just used to it not being in my way. I expect that even when I have the 2560x1440 and a 5K iMac, I'll still hide the dock.

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Previous monitor was a Samsung 27" 1080p LED and it got moved to another PC and I now use a 43" 4K UHD TV as my monitor.

Desktop 1.jpg

IMG_0189a.jpg

20160115_181857a.jpg

IMG_6958a.jpg

Polk bookshelf speakers are powered by a Yamaha RX-V995 5.1 Surround Sound Receiver.

AMD FX 8120 3.1GHz / 8 Core CPU
16 GB DDR3 Corsair Memory
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 Motherboard
EVGA GTX 950 2GB Video Card
CoolerMaster V1200 Platinum PSU
Razor Black Widow Mechanical Keyboard
Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler
Windows 10 Professional 64bit
Cooler Master Half Series Full Tower
Lite On Blu-ray Writer

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I wanna play! (Even though I'm not 100% sure Windows guys are allowed...) :D

My desktop picture has been the same since the mid-nineties! It's a film picture I took of my yellow Labrador Retriever Hudson. I've had a number of great dogs since...and I've taken a number of great pictures of those dogs (digital, no less!)...but I guess I'm a real creature of habit. And there's something about the composition of this particular picture which lends it to be a great desktop image (LOTS of space for icons!)

full

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
My work setup. I can’t show my desktop because of NDAs and legal stuff like that, but I do still run a Matrix digital rain screensaver on dual 24” monitors. I rely on Firefox for browsing, Adobe Reader for PDF viewing, Skype for Business, and the full MS Office suite. I also rely heavily on my Macross SDF-1 mug for coffee.
A1F4F0C5-CEB4-4DB0-B7A8-A66824B154BC.jpeg

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I personally love hidden docks. When I need it, it appears. When I don't it goes away. If only all things in life could be this way. :)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
My work setup. I can’t show my desktop because of NDAs and legal stuff like that, but I do still run a Matrix digital rain screensaver on dual 24” monitors. I rely on Firefox for browsing, Adobe Reader for PDF viewing, Skype for Business, and the full MS Office suite. I also rely heavily on my Macross SDF-1 mug for coffee.
View attachment 47462

This has to be one of the best screen savers out there. I don't know why I haven't grabbed it myself. It kind of says it all in my opinion. In today's [and likely tomorrows] world digital rules.

Bob Bielski

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Bielski
What can I say? I love those Minions! My "go-to" apps include Chrome for browsing, MS Word for writing which I do daily, Real Temp for making sure I don't overheat the system [used to be an actual problem until I bought a Hyper T4 CPU fan/heat sink from Cool Master] and JRiver/Kodi for Theater duty. I downloaded REW based on a previous thread here but haven't really played around with it.

View attachment 47434
Hey John the last Widescreen Review just had a thing about room testing and it explained witch tests are basic and not. I know the thread you are talking about and the poster never answered my questions on what test he did and why. Linkwitz Riley states that most rooms need only pay attention to the decay rate the 60 millisecond reverb room gain problem and only below 200hz. It is like a blessing but this magazine has taken up the room situation just at the right time. Most of us enthusiasts have the electronics down but the acoustics is the last hara. And now we are getting the info we need to make our systems as good as the room will allow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks