Real Name
Doug
Kind of old school...

IMG_4226.jpg

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I personally love hidden docks. When I need it, it appears. When I don't it goes away. If only all things in life could be this way. :)
I want to like it. Last times I tried it, I end up triggering it when I don’t want it and want something in the active application near the bottom of the screen (Fitt’s Law and all that) or I try to get the dock and it doesn’t trigger quickly. It should be a tool I use, but somehow doesn’t work for me.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
It should be a tool I use, but somehow doesn’t work for me.

It does take some getting used to and I've disabled it at times for the exact reasons you've specify.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I want to like it. Last times I tried it, I end up triggering it when I don’t want it and want something in the active application near the bottom of the screen (Fitt’s Law and all that) or I try to get the dock and it doesn’t trigger quickly. It should be a tool I use, but somehow doesn’t work for me.
Same reasons I don’t use hidden dock. On my work pc, the dock likes to hide and I have to press the Windows key to make the start menu pop up, then click anywhere on the screen to make it go away before my dock unhides. I eventually gave up and keep it showing all the time.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
This has to be one of the best screen savers out there. I don't know why I haven't grabbed it myself. It kind of says it all in my opinion. In today's [and likely tomorrows] world digital rules.
The version I use is Matrix-ks by Kelly Software. Highly customizable, but I dig the basic green with all options disabled.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And I feel the need to come clean that as I was taking the screen grab of my desktop I went and deleted a bunch of odd files and apps that had been sitting on my desktop for a while due to that "creature of habit" tendency I have...

:rolleyes:

So I appreciate the kick in the pants to neaten things up, Dave! :D

Nice and streamlined now. :rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks