What's new

Shout Factory does it again with 1958s "The Brain Eaters" (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Just saw this and wanted to share it. This title is one I've been waiting for to be released forever. Burned copies of 4th and 5th gen dups were all I could ever find. Falling with in the "Alien Brain" movies catagory, like Brain from Planet Aros, Space Children, Feind without a Face. Shout factory just dropped the link for preorder on thier site. It's a 2K mastered from fine grain elements, I can't wait to see it in all it;s cheesey glory. This title, like the Corman Classic the Day the World Ended, is ltd edition release to 1500 copies. I just went ahead and preordered my copy. If you enjoy these wonderfully fun and wierd films...this is for you!!!

Attachments

• BrainEat_BR_Cover_72dpi.png
    BrainEat_BR_Cover_72dpi.png
    430.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I can't wait for this classic...for so long all you got were these Youtube-ish editions and to finally get a fully restored edition is making me happy!! It is planned to shipout Jan25th!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I can't wait for this classic...for so long all you got were these Youtube-ish editions and to finally get a fully restored edition is making me happy!! It is planned to shipout Jan25th!!

Not even Leonard Nimoy could save this wonderful cheesfest, LOL!! The alien parasites almost look like Tribbles on steroids!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Yes, yes I do enjoy these wonderfully fun and weird films!
I do too, Shout Facorty has been on game recently, with classic like The Day the World Ended, Attack of the Crab Monsters and this classic title!! I'd love tosee the same treatment of - Not of this Earth, Cape Cannaveral Monsters, and on a serious note 1953s Invaders from Mars!!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Not even Leonard Nimoy could save this wonderful cheesfest, LOL!! The alien parasites almost look like Tribbles on steroids!!
Here's a shot of Nimoy as Obewan, and a shot of the Alien Parasite "Tribbles" LOL!!

Attachments

• braineaters_nimoy2.jpg
    braineaters_nimoy2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 78
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    4 KB · Views: 73
  • f3fd8cc1afa70a5a6632665219df4d43.jpg
    f3fd8cc1afa70a5a6632665219df4d43.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 104

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Just saw this and wanted to share it. This title is one I've been waiting for to be released forever. Burned copies of 4th and 5th gen dups were all I could ever find. Falling with in the "Alien Brain" movies catagory, like Brain from Planet Aros, Space Children, Feind without a Face. Shout factory just dropped the link for preorder on thier site. It's a 2K mastered from fine grain elements, I can't wait to see it in all it;s cheesey glory. This title, like the Corman Classic the Day the World Ended, is ltd edition release to 1500 copies. I just went ahead and preordered my copy. If you enjoy these wonderfully fun and wierd films...this is for you!!!
Here's somthing interesting, Lou Arkoff (son of Sam Z Arkoff) is planning to do remakes of some of the AIP list of movies, and ths one is in his sights....I quess we'll see? If nothing else it woul;d be in Arkoff's interest to release decent editions of the originals, in order to pump up the interest of his new properties in the remakes... :) this is from 2013, maybe Covid got in the way??

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Also funny is the description mentioned in the review: "Attack of the Bunny Slippers."
It was a fun review, that's why I added it...done in the right spirit!! Gone with the Wind it Isn't, LOL!!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
This is the best I found on Youtube, fairly equal to most DVD versions. I want something better!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
taken from a study of aspect ratio history -
1.37:1 was the ratio officially approved by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in 1932. They made it the standard and people started calling it the Academy Ratio.

In the 1950s, TV became ever more popular. People started going to the theater less, and theatrical distributors knew they needed to make a change. So they went even bigger, with Cinerama.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I just got updates directly from Shout Factory, on the subject of OAR. There was a misprint on thier site and this is the correction sent to me in reguards to this and other titles resently released by SF -
Hi Todd,
It sounds like BRAIN EATERS is actually 1.85. We will have to update the info on our site.

Regarding DAY THE WORLD ENDED, our release is listed as a 1:2.00 aspect ratio and our master is 1:2.00. This was the actual aspect ratio for Superscope productions, though what I'm reading is that they could also be easily converted to Cinemascope (1:2.35) projection, so this title may have screened theatrically in some locations in a wider aspect ratio, and also, some previous home media releases appear to have chosen to release in 2.35.

Customer Service
Shout! Factory

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I just got updates directly from Shout Factory, on the subject of OAR. There was a misprint on thier site and this is the correction sent to me in reguards to this and other titles resently released by SF -
Hi Todd,
It sounds like BRAIN EATERS is actually 1.85. We will have to update the info on our site.

Regarding DAY THE WORLD ENDED, our release is listed as a 1:2.00 aspect ratio and our master is 1:2.00. This was the actual aspect ratio for Superscope productions, though what I'm reading is that they could also be easily converted to Cinemascope (1:2.35) projection, so this title may have screened theatrically in some locations in a wider aspect ratio, and also, some previous home media releases appear to have chosen to release in 2.35.

Customer Service
Shout! Factory
Great news. I will be ordering it now. Interesting that they took this long to respond.
Yes Day the World Ended was originally released in Superscope 2.00:1. Glenn Erickson has mentioned that both Day the World Ended and Machine Gun Kelly were re-released by AIP in the 60's in 2.35:1 which is why we have a DVD in 2.35:1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks