What's new

Should I buy the remaining TNG DVDs from Best buy? (1 Viewer)

Bryan_C

Auditioning
Figuring that I have noticed that Costco has it for 10 bucks less than bestbuy, I have bought the first three seasons from Bestbut because of the "free CD's" that came with it. But now I am starting to think its not worth it. I mean the Episode guide, tech manual and MP3 cd books were nice, but are they a "must have"?? I am thinking the next thing thats going to be "attached" to season 4 is something like one of the aweful early star trek games like Star Trek Klingon or BORG from Simon and Shewster (sp?) Yet there is no real way of knowing whats going to be part of the collection until its around the corner. What do you guys think?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure that they are going to have bonus discs on Set 4, or any of the others. Set 3's was very lame, and I took the Costco price. Best Buy now has Set 4 listed, and the price is the same ($99.99) as Set 3...just no bonus disc.

Brian E

Screenwriter
Set 3's was very lame
In your opinion of course :)
I picked my set up at Suncoast since they have it for the same price as Best Buy, with the same CD, and as a Replay member I get enough points with each set to get a $5 GC sometimes more. I'm also not a Costco member and it's much easier for me to get to a BB or Suncoast. Suncoast confirmed that they will have each set for $99 the week of its release, after that it goes up to $149 IIRC. Unless CC gets off thier duffs and has a better price than BB/Suncoast, which it looks like they won't, I'll keep getting mine where I am now.
While to books picked for the MP3 CD aren't the best TNG books ever written they aren't the worst either. It will give me something to listen to at work for a day or two anyway. I think I'll actually get more use out of it that the first two discs which are the same as the ones released along time ago by Simon & Schuster.
IMO of course :D

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
I don't know about Best Buy, but I saw a Wal-Mart ad selling it for $118.86 CDN. Thanks to price-match, I showed it to the checkout person at Futureshop and got it (with bonus disc selling) for $117.93 CDN ($77.38 USD) reduced from $125.99 CDN.

edit: don't know if you have a similar deal in the US

Kevin.W.H

Auditioning
Try a price match at BB. They don't officially price match warehouse stores but they are being more aggresive to take business away from every one that they can. If it is still profitable for them they will usually take the deal.

KWH

Kevin.W.H

Auditioning
Oh, and BRIAN E...

Just so you know - Suncoast IS Best Buy. As a part of Musicland group that was aquired by BB last year they are one in the same.

And BB will start a membership program soon mirroring Replay a bit...pilot starts in AZ and parts of Cal in a week or two.

KWH

Brian E

Screenwriter
Just so you know - Suncoast IS Best Buy. As a part of Musicland group that was aquired by BB last year they are one in the same.
I know. I live in Minnesota where they are based. It would be interesting to see BB do a Replay type of thing especially if it was a deal that was good at all of their stores (BB, Suncoast, Musicland, Sam Goody, Media Play, On Cue (a name they're getting rid of), FutureShop & anything else I forgot about.

My point is if BB & Suncoast are the same price I might as well get them at Suncoast & get points. Very rarely does Suncoast have the same price on anything as Best Buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks