What's new

Sherwood R-963. Any news/reviews? (1 Viewer)

Brandon B

Second Unit
Anyone heard/seen more on this unit other than Sherwood site's info or RemoteCentral's review?
BB

Ellen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ellen
Brandon, you must be reading my mind. I too have been wondering if anyone has yet got their hands on this receiver.

GregoryK

Agent
Ditto, but for the R-863.
I e-mailed Sherwood a few weeks ago looking for a local retailer, and they told me the R-863 would not be out until sometime in the first half of this month (October) and to check back with them. I haven't followed up with them yet.
/GregoryK
------------------
--
/GregoryK

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Brandon & Ellen,
I'll be on vacation next week so if I have time I'll stop by my local dealer and see if he's gotten them in stock yet or has any info!
I have the old R-945MKII and love it!
Brian

Kendal Kirk

Stunt Coordinator
A local dealer is demoing this as they consider adding the Newcastle line. I own a 956, and would love to add their DVD player to my setup.
I was in the store Thursday when they were setting it up, and initially they were not impressed (It might have helped if they had read the set up instructions). I went back Friday and they had it running with MLogans, and it rocked!!!! I will go back today and spend some time with it and post my impressions.
[Edited last by Kendal Kirk on October 08, 2001 at 01:07 PM]

Jeff Hipps

Stunt Coordinator
Glad to hear the positive impression with the Martin Logans.
The first production units of the R-963 are due in this month. No specific street date, yet. But I'll update this thread as soon as have the details.
Jeff Hipps
Sherwood America

GregoryK

Agent
I thought I'd bump this thread up to see if anyone has seen and/or heard the new Newcastle receivers.
I sent an email to Jeff Hipps last week asking about local dealers, but haven't yet received a reply.
Anyone?
/GregoryK

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully Jeff won't get mad at me for posting this info :)
According to our last e-mail discussion, it looks like it's about 3-4 weeks later than anticipated, with Early-Mid November the target....
I hope to get my hands on one of these to play with soon after that!
Regards,
------------------
John Kotches
Contributing Writer
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks