What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Francis Ford Coppola, serving as writer, producer, and director, originally made “Twixt” in 2011, but must have been disappointed when the film barely received any notice in the United States.  This new director’s cut, christened “B’Twixt Now and Sunrise (The Authentic Cut)” has transformed the film into something more personal and heartfelt, an entirely appropriate change for a film that was born of a dream Coppola couldn’t shake.  The cinematic equivalent of a Stephen King short story, it’s the perfect late night movie.

Twixt (2011)

Released: 11 Apr 2012
Rated: R
Runtime: 88 min

Director: Francis Ford Coppola
Genre: Comedy, Fantasy, Horror

Cast: Val Kilmer, Bruce Dern, Elle Fanning
Writer(s): Francis Ford Coppola

Plot: A struggling horror writer visiting a small town on a book tour gets caught up in a murder...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I have had this for a while but have not got to watching it yet. I enjoyed the first Blu release and am interested to see how he has changed the picture. If I recall correctly, this film was some type of experiment by Coppola. I will have to go back and look up what that was and what he was trying to do with it.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Watched this, and enjoyed thoroughly. That noted, it’s not for everyone.

Loved the cinematography and use of color. Almost magical. As mentioned above, re the film not having an end, that would be the point as the search for an ending and answer to the mystery, is part of the storyline.

The extra, which is a making of doc, is unlike any you’ll find elsewhere, as it’s very open, transparent and personal. None of the normal “I just lover working with bs“ you’ll normally find. Actually gives insight into the labors and problems of filmmaking. The doc along is worth the price of admission.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Thanks for the review Josh. Just ordered on Amazon and I think this is the lowest I’ve ever paid for a new blu-ray release as it includes a $2.50 coupon at check-out.
My favorite living director bar none and one of our greatest artists.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks