Shazam! (2019) (1 Viewer)

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
I'd think they'll just refer to him as Shazam:
Bad Guy: Who are you?
Captain Marvel: Shazam
Lightning changes him back to Billy Batson and villain kills him.

Soooo, that's obviously the ONE name they can't use.

Billy's Friend: What's your superhero name going to be?
Billy: How about Captain Marvel
Billy's Friend: I think you missed the window on that name by about 3 weeks
Billy: Seriously?
Billy's Friend: Yeah, it's on movie posters and everything.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
In the recent previews I’m seeing an amalgam of cities in the skyline for Shazam’s city including Philadelphia and probably New York.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
Some of it was filmed here in Toronto, but don't know if they are using any scenics or skyline shots. I'm sure if they do they will definitely avoid the CN tower or remove it.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'd think they'll just refer to him as Shazam or Billy. Sounds like DC has been officially calling him Shazam since 2011, and has marketed the character as Shazam since 1972:

The character has always been misinterpreted, and disrespected. The comic book always treated the character as a second rate hero. You would never see Batman or Superman treated so poorly. It is crazy the only respect the character got was through the live action TV series from 74-76, and the Republic Serial:
61YtgAqLJEL.jpg

Lets see if this movie can fix all the years of neglect. HE will always be Captain Marvel to me! SHAZAM!!

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I’m very interested in this. I also give it points for having the superhero land standing up instead of the over-used kneeling stance. Jeez has that been overused.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if I'll ever not get this movie confused with "Captain Marvel".

"Shazam" was always "Captain Marvel" to me as a kid in the 70s, and I barely knew the Marvel character of that name.

The other day, I browsed movie listings and saw "Captain Marvel". I totally brainfarted and thought "that doesn't come out until April!"

Then I went "oh, yeah...!" :D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Social media embargo was lifted yesterday & looks like it's getting good reviews.
Well, it's getting an excellent review from me. I just got back from my 4:00 p.m. advance showing and I haven't been this entertained by a Warner "super hero" film in a very long time. It had me totally engaged and I had a smile on my face throughout most of the movie. It had some very funny sequences that I laughed out loud more than a couple of times. My nearly sold out audience was having the same enthusiastic reaction to the movie.

Look, I don't know much about "Captain Marvel" or its relationship to "Shazam", but as an ignorant film goer I have to give this film a 4.5 film grade on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the highest grade. I can't wait to see this film again. It was that entertaining and humorous to me. I had a blast this afternoon.:emoji_grinning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks