What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Shaun of the Dead and the rhyming movie title challenge (1 Viewer)

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I saw the wonderful Brit movie, "Shaun of the Dead" today. It is a remarkable and original film that seamlessly combines comedy and horror. Hopefully it will come to the States soon and get the international audience it deserves. A must-see for lovers of the zombie film and, heck, everyone else.

But I was writing mainly because I noticed the "Shaun of the Dead" was playing at the same theatre as "Dawn of the Dead", the also good, if more conventional, zombie film. My challenge to HTF posters is this: Can you think of any time when two movies with rhyming titles have been released? If not, can you think of any other rhyming titles in general?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

James Waddell

Auditioning
I saw Shaun of the Dead on Friday and echo your thoughts, immensely enjoyable.

Apparently, if Shaun is successful commercially, they plan on filming a follow up of sorts called From Dusk 'Til Shaun. :)

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
For my Contemporary Issues In Cinema class we had to see Bamboozled and two of the students almost went to see Bedazzled.

david stark

Second Unit
I spoke to my sister yesterday who had seen this and thought it was superb. Now I want to be back in UK just to see this film. Anway the official website is here. You can find a trailer for it if you scroll over to the right of the screen.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I don't have much to add to this thread other than to say that when I was in London a few weeks ago this movie was being advertised EVERYWHERE. Just about every bus stop had a SotD poster. My immediate thought when I first saw the poster was that in the poster this Shaun fellow looks amazingly like a young Orson Welles circa Citizen Kane, only with red hair, and I almost thought it was Welles. But then I put two and two together and figured it was a new satire or something. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks