What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Shameless Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Twist

Agent
Real Name
Francisco
Does the season Six [Blu ray] include subtitles in Spanish? Can anyone confirm it, please?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
I've become a real fan of Shameless this past year; I started out watching the original UK version & enjoyed this as well, but only saw the first two seasons of that show.

However, when I first started watching this US version, I immediately became hooked. Though the UK version is great, I see the US version as being superior.

General comments about the series:

Frank Gallagher is definitely one the biggest scum-bags in the history of TV/ film. He's the encapsulation of all the real-life entitled, irresponsible, lazy, worthless d-bags who successfully scam the government so they can get $ for doing absolutely nothing. And, though his kids are obviously damaged to a great extent (and a lot of this is because of him) the majority of them do realize that (unlike Frank) they do need to make something of themselves to succeed in life - despite facing numerous obstacles when trying to get themselves out of the hole(s) they're in.

It's funny how Frank's "drinking buddies" (and I use that term very loosely) barely tolerate him, and only put up with him at all because he amuses them to some extent. They also know him well enough to realize that anything he asks about/shows interest in is only because he's trying to get something out of it - LOL.

Re: S06 specifically:

Victor Onuigbo also deserves a lot of kudos for his performance as Nick. He took a character that could have been one-dimensional, and who did something truly appalling, and imbued him with real humanity and depth.

Agreed. That scene you're describing is one of the disturbing of the entire series. It also showed that Carl was far from the "vicious gangster" that he was making himself out to be.

It broke my heart when he basically pi$$#@ in the face of the alcoholic professor who'd taken Lip under his wing. It made me cry when that professor saw the behavior for what it was and still did right by Lip even when Lip gave him every reason not to.

Agreed. Professor Youens is definitely the most decent, forgiving, and impressive human being not only on this show, but in any TV show; he not only took Lip under his wing, but did everything he could to help him - and then some. This makes what happens to him in later seasons all the more upsetting.

I also hated the Deb storyline, but I have to admit, I also found it unfortunately believable, and that is what made me hate it.

Yes. Very realistic & sad.

After all of the drama with Frank hiring a hitman, I was braced for some real melodrama and somebody caught in the crossfire. The way they went instead was far more gratifying. And while Frank has many, many faults, and he did it for all of the wrong reasons, he ultimately did Fiona a favor by revealing the truth before it was too late.

Agreed. As much of a scum-bag Frank is, Fiona definitely needed to know about Sean's lapse back into addiction before the wedding. That being said, Frank is still a d-bag & the family was completely justified in being enraged at him for this reveal - especially considering everything he had done to them in the past.

My favorite scene of the entire series (so far) is right after this scene: Frank's kids drive onto a bridge, take him out of the trunk, and throw him into the freezing river - classic! I can't think of any fictitious TV/film character who deserved this more - LOL. However, you knew Frank was going to be back the next season - since he seems to be able to survive almost anything - LOL.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks