What's new

SFGate article re: special copy protection for Oscar screeners (1 Viewer)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Wow, the DivX morons may yet find their niche in the DVD world.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Yep, a truly great idea. I think it also shows that the bulk of the original illegal copies came from their own people!

Of course, they'll never admit that one!

Glenn

Kami

Screenwriter
The technology itself will not stop the piracy, everyone knows nothing that is digital can be totally protected. It's the scare tactics that will stop it if anything.

Interesting idea but waste of money if you ask me. As if doing this will make the Joe Schmoe who would never go to the theater in the first place suddenly have an epiphany and start forking over 12 bucks every week to see a movie. Poeple who are content with watching films recorded on a home video camera don't really care about the movies in the first place.

And I hope this "Cam Jam" stuff doesn't affect the visual quality in any way.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt

Exactly! This past Feb/March, I went to a friends house and he was watching a DVD copy of LOTR: Return of the King. It had excellent PQ (for a copy) and 5.1 DD. This was definitely not made from a camcorder, and had to come from someone "in the biz."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks