What's new

setup and connection help (1 Viewer)

Claude M

Stunt Coordinator
I'm very close to finally purchasing a 950 from Outlaw. I started following this preamp way back when the model 1050 was just pictured on their original web site (not yet available). Back then Outlaw was thinking 2 pre amps to be released. Anyway to my question, I need to figure out what I'm going to need as far as cables go. My sat receiver is an RCA DRD480RE with a digital audio output (optical). Will this be the only audio connection I'll need to make (in other words, is it like a DVD player) to the 950? Or, will I need to also use the R/L audio jacks for regular audio and when AC3 is available the optical takes over? I did a search on the DRD480RE here and google and didn't find my answer. The owner's manual doesn't say if one is used don't use the other. Thanks!

Claude

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
You shouldn't need the analog connection from the SAT receiver, just the digital should take care of all sound. Analog cables are used for DVD players mostly for redbook CD (it it is a very good dvd player), SACD and DVD-Audio. You don't have that need with the SAT.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Some satellite receivers DO require you to use both connections because non-digital broadcasts will not be passed via the digital connection. The question then is, how does yours handle it? I'd start with just the digital connection to see if it works for everything. If not, you know what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks