What's new

Setting up DVD-A on a JVC XV-D723GD (1 Viewer)

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I finally got some audio cables to hook up the Audio Out/Analog Jacks on my JVC XV-D723GD DVD player so I may enjoy my DVD-A discs.

I'm running into a problem and I would like to find out if someone else has this same model of JVC DVD and what they did to set it up to utilize the analog outs.

Heres my setup.

I have all 6 of the outs connected to my Denon AVR-3300 which are FR & FL, LR & RR, Center and Sub.

I'm using the 'ext in' option on the Denon and I do hear the Front Left and Right Channels, but I do not hear any of the other channels.

For testing i took the JVC Fronts and hooked them up to the Surround channels on my Denon and received output, so i'm believing its somewhere in the setup of the DVD player.

I've looked at the preference's menu on the DVD player and I believed I've set it up correctly but I still only get the front R&L speakers outputting any sound.

The DVD audio discs I have are Steely Dan "Two Against Nature" and Foreigner's "Foreigner".

What am i missing in setting up the DVD-A on either the JVC or the Denon?

I have no problems otherwise with audio, my DVD player works great and my receiver is not having any problems with outputting the DVD or DBS signals.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Paul

MitchJS

Grip
I don't own your dvd player or receiver, but I just went through the same setup process with my Panny dvd player and Marantz receiver, and here's what I have to do to make sure I get the sound out of all 5 speakers and sub:
Switch receiver to 6 channel input. See if your receiver has a similar button or setup. If not, then you have to make sure the receiver knows that the dvd player has an analog connection. On the dvd player side, I switch my digital audio output to off, so that it sends the analog signal to the receiver. Also make sure that you are set up for mult-channel out (not 2 channel) and on the dvd-audio disk menu, make sure it is set to 6 channel play not dts surround or 2 channel stereo.

I'm a newbie on this, but this is what works for my setup.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
Mitch, thanks for your help, I finally got time to sit down and look more into the setting of the DVD player. I changed a few settings and it worked!!!

It sounds great. Its amazing how much better DVD-A sounds.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks