What's new

Selling Cinderella II on ABC (1 Viewer)

In regards to ABC's Cinderella broadcast, I was pretty offended by the blatant hard sell to the little ones for Cinderella II. I didn't mind the commercials, I would expect that. It was the "teacher with a pre-school class" interludes that really bothered me. Disney was obviously trying to replicate a kindergarden class with a "teacher" telling the Cinderella II story to the kids, and when one asks "How does it end?" the teacher replies, "Go get a copy and find out!" I thought Disney had more class. Thanks Mr. Eisner!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I didn't watch the broadcast, and figured it was pretty much a way to schill Cinderella 2. What you describe sounds terrible, but not surprising.

It's unfortunate that they won't release Cinderella on DVD for several years.

It's unfortunate that Cinderella 2 comes to DVD first.

It's unfortunate that Cinderella 2 had to be made.

derek

Second Unit
Wow..this was ridiculous. I honestly thought there was just as much time given for commercials/infommercials as the MOVIE! The first time on network television EVER and did you see at the beginning...."edited for content to FIT IN THE TIME ALLOTED!!!" Disney can't even give the classic Cinderella the right treatment on TV just to give more time sell their crappy sequel! *argh*

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Cinderella was edited for time too??!!

I wonderred how they stretched Cinderella into a 2 hour time slot, being that it's not a very long film.

I can't imaging having to edit it for length. That's just crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks