What's new

Sea Hunt (1 Viewer)

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I received the first season set in the mail this week . Quality looks pretty good from a quick check through the episodes . My only issue is on disc 4 the first episode(Pressure suit) and the third episode(Hero) seem to be the same episode . Is this a known problem with the set or did i just luck out ? :(

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Just saw the 1st 2 episodes and the quality is excellent, same goes for Bat Masterson. For Black and White shows these are about as good as it gets on DVD, transfer wise. They were both obviously remastered and possibly restored not too long ago. I'm seeing both shows for the 1st time and enjoying both.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Looks like TGG is doing Season 2 through 4 of HIGHWAY PATROL [/B ]next. Amazon has it up as an April pre-order. Funny thing is that MGM MOD did Season One some time ago and Amazon has it for $60, while TGG is selling their S2-4 boxes there for about $23 each. I'd imagine the quality will be great again. I'm crazy about my SEA HUNT DVDs and hope they keep them coming. If the rights can be cleared, I would sure love it if they could get their hands on ADVENTURES IN PARADISE.

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Tumulka
borisfw said:
I received the first season set in the mail this week . Quality looks pretty good from a quick check through the episodes . My only issue is on disc 4 the first episode(Pressure suit) and the third episode(Hero) seem to be the same episode . Is this a known problem with the set or did i just luck out ? :(
It is the same with my set so I assume it is a problem with all the season 1 sets. Having worked my way through 30 episodes so far I have to say I am enjoying the show a lot - I don't know how they made it last 4 seasons but season 1 (so far) has been excellent.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed Lachmann said:
Looks like TGG is doing Season 2 through 4 of HIGHWAY PATROL [/B ]next. TGG is selling their S2-4 boxes there for about $23 each.
DD has them for $12+ change per season

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
westumulka said:
It is the same with my set so I assume it is a problem with all the season 1 sets. Having worked my way through 30 episodes so far I have to say I am enjoying the show a lot - I don't know how they made it last 4 seasons but season 1 (so far) has been excellent.
This is a Bummer! :( I had planned to purchase this set (And discard the "Alternate" set I obtained through "other sources"), but now I'll have to wait until I get word this problem has been fixed.

mustang

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
patrick
Its a Pity The Episode Hero Was Left Out As Larry Hagman was In It, But i Agree With Everyone Else The Quality Of Sea Hunt And Bat Masterson Is Awesome. I Would Like To See Them Press On Where VCI Left Off With Season 2 Of Dick Powells Zane Grey Theatre.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
westumulka said:
Thanks for the reply . I guess I'll just hold on to my set . The episodes do look very good .

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Here is the Contacts page for TGG Direct to report the issue with "Pressure Suit" and "Hero" episodes on Disc #4 of the Season One set: http://www.thegarrgroup.com/contact/ Hopefully, TGG Direct will correct the problem and issue a replacement disc. I have finished the Season 3 and 4 sets and I'm halfway through the Season 2 set; I am really enjoying this blind buy! Darby

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I emailed TGG Direct last night about the issue with Disc #4 on Season One and received this response this morning: "Thank you for your email and informing us on the issue with SEA HUNT, Disc 4 of the COMPLETE SEASON 1. We are currently correcting this issue. Kindly forward me your mailing address to send a replacement disc. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused." Glad to hear that TGG Direct is aware of the issue and is working on getting it fixed! The folks at TGG Direct that I originally emailed were: Jeffrey Schillen – [email protected] Marty Young – [email protected] The response I received this morning was from Michelle Weiman - [email protected] I hope this information helps all of you and I can't wait to have the truly complete Sea Hunt series on DVD! Darby

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
OK TGG is aware of the situation, and is taking steps to correct the situation. I will order this set in April, and my "alternates" all have a appointment with "Mr. B.F.Hammer" on 4/14/2013. :laugh:

JeffT.

Deceased Member
You are probably very wise to wait until this fiasco is satisfactory resolved. My order has not yet be fullfilled and hopefully it will be placed on hold until the corrected season one sets are properly prepared. Mistakes can happen but their only real value are the important lessons that are learned from them. Next time hopefully there won't be any overblown impractical ambitions of releasing an entire tv series along with a sampler "marathon" set all at the same time. Obviously it can't be correctly done. At least not by this particular company. Prudently take just one step at a time! That is just good business sense. Jeff T. :rolleyes:

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
JeffT. said:
Next time hopefully there won't be any overblown impractical ambitions of releasing an entire tv series along with a sampler "marathon" set all at the same time. Obviously it can't be correctly done. At least not by this particular company. :
In fairness, CBS/Paramount made a similar mistake with Gunsmoke which they are releasing at a very...deliberate pace, and they didn't send any replacement discs.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
This is why you need to wait until AFTER something comes out before you purchase it (Yes, I'm just as guilty as the rest of you, fortunately my copy of Shazam! didn't have any flaws in it). Write it off as one of "Life's Little Lesson's". and move along. :) Now if only they could get Volume Three of Steve Canyon moving along. :f

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
While this is a pretty bad mistake, far bigger companies have done worse and then procede to repeat the same mistakes. Let's see how well they handle addressing this matter before getting our pitchforks out. Look's like overall they did a very nice job. I'm willing to accept a hiccup like this as long as they take proper steps to resolve the matter.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Darby67 said:
My pleasure, Mike! I'm more than happy to help out my fellow Sea Hunt fans. Darby
Thank you for posting that information . I already have received a response that they will send me out a replacement .

JeffT.

Deceased Member
Each season set costs all of $12.00 so how can an issue really made of it? It seems so ridiculously petty. They are going to lose money if a replacement disc is attempted (something that apparently the more expensively priced classic tv series DVD distributors are unwilling to do). What is expected from us? Well it's just two SEA HUNT episodes missing let's just let it pass. When something is so inexpensive what do we have a right to expect? How do we know that there aren't any similar problems with the other season sets? Let's hope that (somehow) it all works out. At least according to the distributor of the STEVE CANYON tv series DVD sets volume three is definitely in the works so have faith. I never heard of this show before. I know the (former) comic strip in the weekend newspaper but I have never seen this particular tv series. I should start watching my DVDs! Jeff T. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks