What's new

Sea Hunt (1 Viewer)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
JeffT. said:
Today I checked my SEA HUNT season one 5-disc set and both "The Hero" (21/06/58) and "Pressure Suit" (05/06/1958) were there intact minted on a standard DVD. As far as can be ascertained each disc housed in the two plastic containers provided has its own individual slip case.

So I guess that means genuine closure at last!

Someday I will actually take the time to watch them.

Jeff T.
Jeff where did you buy your season one set? I want to make sure I order it from a dealer who has new stock with the episode correction. I already have seasons 2-3-4 and the marathon box set.
:D

JeffT.

Deceased Member
You are certainly a devout SEA HUNT fan beyond reproach! I quite understand as it is an interesting tv series and a refreshing change from what we've been normally inundated with on DVD.

To answer your inquiry I preordered all my SEA HUNT complete series DVD sets last October from AMAZON.CA (Canada) so I think that it is likely AMAZON.COM (U.S.) should also have the "corrected" season one (1958) box sets by now.

Good luck on this and happy viewing!

Jeff T.

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
This show was a blind buy for me.Picked up all 4 seasons and am enjoying the show.Great video quality and low price for each season.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
It's gratifying to see all of our friends happy on this one!

Really the SEAHUNT (Syndicated 1958-61) tv series has to be one of the better "older" television series DVD releases of the year and the price was incredible.

I am still waiting for our slowpoke local online distributor to make available the upcoming RIPCORD (Syndicated 1961-63) tv series DVD release for preorder and it's been a l-o-n-g frustrating wait on this one.

Jeff T.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
JeffT. said:
It's gratifying to see all of our friends happy on this one!

Really the SEAHUNT (Syndicated 1958-61) tv series has to be one of the better "older" television series DVD releases of the year and the price was incredible.

I am still waiting for our slowpoke local online distributor to make available the upcoming RIPCORD (Syndicated 1961-63) tv series DVD release for preorder and it's been a l-o-n-g frustrating wait on this one.

Jeff T.

Hang in there Jeff, August 6 can"t arrive soon enough! :biggrin:

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Just wanted to bump this thread and compliment the publisher for their quality customer service. I discovered that I had the initial incorrect disc several days ago and inquired if I could still get a corrected pressed replacement for it. I was promptly emailed back and 48 hours later it was on my doorstep this morning. Furthermore, it was packaged well and was in a nice plastic case to boot.

A lot of these big corporations could learn a lesson from TGG Direct.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I've noticed that TGG has been reissuing some ot thier TV shows in complete series box sets, most recently Bat Masterson. I wonder if they'll do this with Sea Hunt. Speaking of TGG, the seem to be a good company- all of the DVD's I've gotten from them are top quality. It's too bad they aren't releasing more show like Bat Masterson and Sea Hunt . There are plenty from the ZIV library left to release .

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
I agree. I think many of us here would like to see more Ziv.
In terms of a complete series box, Highway Patrol would be especially welcome as the first year remains far more expensive than the seasons released by TGG.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I know that this thread has been inactive for a while . I'm just finishing season 4 of Sea Hunt (after watching the 24 Hour Marathon Box Set ) , and I can say that the program maintained a high level of quality throughout it's 4 year run. Too bad TGI has decided not to offer any other ZIV shows. Incidentally , Oldies .com has some good deals on Sea Hunt season 2,3,4 and Bat Masterson.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
men+into+space+game.jpg

I strictly purchased the four complete series sets of SEA HUNT (Syndicated 1958-61) rather than the 24 hour marathon box set which I considered to be sampler for those who didn't want to buy the whole show.

From what has been released so far (assuming there are anymore ZIV Television Productions tv series yet to come) I would have liked to gotten RIPCORD (Syndicated 1961-63) but all the episodes come up short running 23 minutes each (when it should be 26 minutes) so I passed on it.

I would like to both SCIENCE FICTION THEATRE (Syndicated 1955-57) and MEN INTO SPACE (CBS 1959-60) but it has been a while since anything new has been made available that it is uncertain whether these specific SF-premised tv series will ever come out.

I sure hope so!

Jeff T.

:rolleyes:

JeffT.

Deceased Member
MenIntoSpacetvseries.jpg

You're right my friend. Excellent reading! It's nice to know that the show is still remembered and appreciated.

Let's hope that we get the tv series too some day. Maybe the book will help provide some impetus toward this.

Jeff T.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
JeffT. said:
men+into+space+game.jpg

I strictly purchased the four complete series sets of SEA HUNT (Syndicated 1958-61) rather than the 24 hour marathon box set which I considered to be sampler for those who didn't want to buy the whole show.

From what has been released so far (assuming there are anymore ZIV Television Productions tv series yet to come) I would have liked to gotten RIPCORD (Syndicated 1961-63) but all the episodes come up short running 23 minutes each (when it should be 26 minutes) so I passed on it.

I would like to both SCIENCE FICTION THEATRE (Syndicated 1955-57) and MEN INTO SPACE (CBS 1959-60) but it has been a while since anything new has been made available that it is uncertain whether these specific SF-premised tv series will ever come out.

I sure hope so!

Jeff T.

:rolleyes:
I read that the missing two minutes on each Ripcord episode is just a public service announcement about skydiving.

If you want to skip a whole series just due to that missing piece, that is your prerogative. I think the series is fine without it.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
That is correct I have the series its a good release. The actual episodes are complete, the missing footage was an infomercial on sky diving. While it would have been nice to have it, its not a big loss as it has nothing to do with the actual episodes other than being related to skydiving.
phenri said:
I read that the missing two minutes on each Ripcord episode is just a public service announcement about skydiving.

If you want to skip a whole series just due to that missing piece, that is your prerogative. I think the series is fine without it.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Randy Korstick said:
That is correct I have the series its a good release. The actual episodes are complete, the missing footage was an infomercial on sky diving. While it would have been nice to have it, its not a big loss as it has nothing to do with the actual episodes other than being related to skydiving.
One of the episodes has the skydiving promo intact. I destroyed all the bootlegs of this series when I got the legit release with one exception, I spared the disk with the first episode because it has a narration by Ivan Tors when he was promoting the series to syndicators.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
How is the quality of the sets? I have the show on my to buy list, but was unsure on the quality. The quality issues may have been address earlier, but it would good to hear from others to see how they like the sets!

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
younger1968 said:
How is the quality of the sets? I have the show on my to buy list, but was unsure on the quality. The quality issues may have been address earlier, but it would good to hear from others to see how they like the sets!
Sea Hunt looks great on TGG's DVD's . Real pressed DVD's , nice transfers from excellent source material, and quality packaging . Even the price is right .

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
LouA said:
Sea Hunt looks great on TGG's DVD's . Real pressed DVD's , nice transfers from excellent source material, and quality packaging . Even the price is right .
Thanks, Lou!

I have it on my buy list, but it will be when my budget frees up next year! I need to complete a couple of other shows like the untouchables as well as few others next year. I am slowly approach 200 completed TV series in my collection!

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks