What's new

SD DVD player help. (1 Viewer)

Rex.G

Stunt Coordinator
Are there any upconvertes that up over component without issues? I know the DVB318 will if you have one made before a certain date. But are there any that do a nice job regardless of when it was made??

If not is there a dvd/vcr combo with a tv tuner that will play all signals through component?

Any advice for either unit would be appreciated.

Rex.G

Stunt Coordinator
Another question,
Will dvd recorders with tv tuners play the television signal over component or s video?

johnADA

Stunt Coordinator

I sense sarcasm????

Up converting in itself is highly debatable as it is.
Is it really that much better, or is it the chipset used, that if it wasnt a up convertor makes it better????

That needs to be answered first.

Older Samsungs, HD-841, 850 and I believe the 860, with a simple hack can up convert on component. Others?????????

I have a Oppo 971H which was purchased based upon its testing that gave it #1 for picture quality and not really for its up conversion properties along with the fact it used DVI out.
I've switched between a normal progressive output of 480P to 720P and 1080I, which my TV will take. Any differences?? Subtle, very subtle at best and could be because my brain maybe wants to see it!!!!

From player to player, yes, this oppo made a very noticeable difference over other up converters I had, up conversion wise, I dont think so!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks