What's new

Screen size / throw distance help please... (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'm helping a friend setup a theater and I'd appreciate some help.

For an Optoma H31 - room dimensions 12x17 - can somebody please help me calculate the throw ratio and the appropriate screen size with this setup?

Thanks a lot!

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
The screen size depends on the seating distance from screen. What will the seating distance be? Your seating distance should be 2X the screen width. By "throw ratio", do you mean throw distance?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
woops.. don't know why I typed "Ratio", I was reading another post on the forums as I was typing, I obviously meant throw distance. :}

I'm not sure the seating dist. The room size is 12x17' - I am thinking 90-100" inch screen size would be appropriate, so that would be aaprox. 14 feet back from the screen, right?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
14' back from a 90"-100" screen is right in the ballpark.
My projector room is also 12'X17". I sit about 15' back from a 106" screen(52"X92"). It depends on how close you want to sit to rear wall.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks!

That's what I though but I just wanted to verify before advising my friend and possibly being incorrect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks